Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 07-15-2009, 07:06 PM

There is a schematic for an 05 on this thread which may be of help:
http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2466

Old 07-16-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpartain View Post
Nono I don't hate you for saying that at all. I am ready to accept any help anybody has to offer. But here is one thing to think about: I have no schematic or anything that gives me the slightest hint of what is within the cluster#$% of wires that run all over this bike. Nothing to tell me anything about the electrical or where it goes or what it does. Brown wire? Where do you run little brown wire? NOWHERE because I cant find you anywhere. I am pretty sure that leads to my short but who knows what it does without a schematic. I mean you are right I could spend the rest of my life in the shop trying to guess what things are. I cant really do anything methodically without knowing what and where things are running and what they do and everything that a schematic would tell me. Considering I am no electrician, I have about as good of a chance of fixing the space shuttle without a schematic.
Ok my fault I am assuming you have some basic idea on how things work. For example if your current drain appears to be from a brown wire you can follow that - it's unlikely to change mid harness. Just see what it's connected to, identify the component. Then you need to research what you expect that component to do or drain and check it.

Quote:
The battery may be shot. How do I test it? Considering it is less than 2 months old I am really doubting the fact that it is not good but I don't rule that out. Dont gasgas bikes have to use stronger batteries? I know someone said they run better on the CBR1000 batteries that have stronger cranking power or something like that.
You can easily kill a battery if it is being drained completely or receiving over voltage from a damaged regulator / rectifier. You need to check these numbers but I think a good battery will show over 13V fully charged. A good reg / rec will be about 14.5V. When they fail they can sometimes oscillate sometimes showing 14.5 but then zooming up higher so check several times and keep the meter attached for a while.

Quote:
And how would I test my starter to see if it is good?
I would first check it has some resistance - it'll be very low. Identify manufacturer and see if you can get a spec. Then I would get some big jump leads and connect from a good car battery straight to the started and see if it turns the engine over. BE CAREFUL!!!! You really don't want to hold them on if there's a dead short or long if it doesn't turn for some reason. I really mean be careful the heat generated if you dead short a car battery can weld things!! At best the lead will get hot enough to melt insulation and your hand. Then because you can't disconnect you could even explode the battery - very bad news as it's acid. Just tap the connection to the starter terminal and see what happens building confidence to hold it longer

Quote:
Also is the bikes charging system and starter one in the same?
No

Google is your friend
Old 05-25-2011, 01:38 PM

Default Same problem

I have an 04 FSE 450 with the same problem, I've sent the ECU w/ TPS, injector, and the crank position sensor back to Gofasters where they had a running bike to test it on. There conclusion was that the bike started everytime for them with my parts. But, nothing works at home, when you can get it started, it runs for a few seconds then shuts off. Most of the time it won't even fire up, but sometimes after it fires up then dies, there is no power to the system, then I tap on the outside of my computer and on comes the power again, funny huh? Wonder how come this never happened to them for my $250.00 adventure that helped nothing. It seems to me that the ECU has a problem, but what do you do when the dealer says everything worked for them? HMMM! Dang, want this thing to run. I'll be following your problem to see if maybe we can help each other, between all of us out there we will eventually make our own service manual that's not provided. Have to say, probably be the first and last GG for me. Info and parts are hard to come by, hopefully joining this site will help to make my bike run and change my current thoughts about the mighty GG. Anybody in the Washington state area have one of these? I would pay to be able to come over and swap some parts out to help find the problem. Can't just keep throwing money away on guessing. Thanks for all the input guys, very appriciated.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:26 AM

What do you mean tap on the outside of my computer?

I had a lot of problems on mine not joining the ECU connector properly. It's so awkward to get at.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:56 AM

What codes has anyone pulled from the ecu? if the "tap" gets it running again there will be either saved or existing codes in there. If it all runs ok on a known running bike then the only thing left is your bike (most likely connections).