Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 05-23-2009, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkitchen1006 View Post
i take it you owe dave gasass money
No, I've found him to be quite expencive, but he does know his beens.

Just did'nt like the langage you used in your post, your make the English look like thugs! I'm sure you did'nt mean to, I guess your frustrated and want to get your bike sorted? But theres no need to slage people off, is there?

And as for the "C U Next Tuesday" comment, sham on you!

Hope you get your bike sorted.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:37 PM

nick sorry if iv offended you ,but the fact of the matter is bike tech told me, "yeh we've got all the diagnostics gear down here no prob bring it down" i travelled 90 miles to take the bike there ,the min i got down there it was doom and gloom,all he wanted to do was break the bike .(its a 2003 in fantastic nick)when i took the bike out of bike tech he had lost a bit off the bike .which we looked for ,costing me another £35 quid from gas gas uk.90 miles four time's in a transit van ,eight hour driving .a guy that wasnt interested working on my bike .dont start me,pissed off ? your not even close, the bike will be fixed soon and when it is i will be slagging this guy off ,he might no he beans ,he must also eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner as this guy was out to f---me over a real cowboy ,when the bike is fixed i will be starting a thread, there stuff iv not said yet, i will be telling the full story when the bike is fixed , this guy is advertising as a gas gas dealer and bike technition MY ARSE
Old 05-24-2009, 01:10 AM

Well I'm sorry to hear that, like I say my experience with him has mostly been good. I run a 2t and obviously have only spoken to him about that, but I think most people in the UK will say he's good.The only time I had to pull him up was on the cost of parts, he sold me a piston kit that I could get much cheaper else where, so I told him and he gave me a discount, I'm just a bit more carfull now what I buy from where. If you stuck then Gasgas uk have a techical help line, when you can get hold of them there very good, but I understand theres only so much you can do over the phone. I used to be a bike mechanic, and it can be very hard to fine fault with limeted back up (one thing I find annoying about the Gasgas brand) sometimes the only way is to swap things from a working bike. Is there any way you can find a simular bike and start doing that?

All the best of luck anyway.

Got to ask, what part did he loose?
Old 05-24-2009, 03:26 AM

Default nick

it was the petrol insert that goes in the top of the tank .once again sorry about the french .i was just speaking my mind.anyway back to the orignal thread.the guy that is working on my bike will have parts next week.and i will let you know how i get on. good luck at you'r end.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:06 PM

Default Problem

Well I took the entire fuel pump out of the tank, disconnected and reconnected every wire on the bike. The entire bike has been stripped down, checked, and built back up. It went to a gasgas dealer, and they couldnt figure out what was going on. They were Idiots anyway and I figure I wasted my $250 I spent there to try and fix this problem, because it ran until I got it home.

I cleaned all grounds, filled it with fresh gas, battery is charged and I still have the same problem except now it wont even turn over. It will just give a "tick tick tick tick squeal" from the fuel injection on the right rear of the bike and then that is it.

RIGHT NOW I AM REGRETTING BUYING A GASGAS.

My bike has 2500 miles on it and I have had nothing but problems with it. I have maintained this bike better than most people maintain their exotic cars so I know it has nothing to do with that.

When I turn the key, I do not get the fuel pump prime. It just ticks from the fuel injection now. If I disconnect the fuel and drain the lines and then turn the key again the pump will prime, but then after it primes once to get the gas back to the injection system, it just ticks from the injection system. Injector was removed and tested. It sprays fine and has no problems so it is not that.

I am getting ready to ghost ride this bike down into the bottom of this canyon behind my house and forget I ever heard of gasgas unless there is some magical fix for this ridiculous problem.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:41 PM

it certainly sounds like the fuel pump relay behind the left hand side panel, that will certainly give you them problems as they are very temperamental, this weekend i have had exactly the same with mine, and also my mates .
Old 05-31-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbaker1 View Post
it certainly sounds like the fuel pump relay behind the left hand side panel, that will certainly give you them problems as they are very temperamental, this weekend i have had exactly the same with mine, and also my mates .
What does it look like? How do I do this check? This dumbass tech I took it to didnt fix $hit on it after 8 weeks and $250. He ASSURED me it was not the relays. Who knows if he checked them. I guess im a more qualified technician than he is.

So as i was saying, where are these relays exactly? What do they look like and what do I do?

I appreciate your patients and willingness to help me. I am sorry for the angry attitude but I am this close to just setting this bike on fire.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbaker1 View Post
Ok disregard that last question.

NOW at this point i removed both relays and swapped them. NOTHING. Same problem. *click click click click click click click click click* as soon as I turn the key. Could it be that both relays are bad? Somehow I doubt that. But the relay is what is making that clicking noise. Any other suggestions?
Old 05-31-2009, 10:00 PM

Are you low on Voltage somewhere? Mine made that noise when I fried the Batt/Voltage reg. The battery had 12 volts with no load but was only outputting 6 volts while hitting the start button.

Adam
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Australia
Old 06-01-2009, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolum74 View Post
Are you low on Voltage somewhere? Mine made that noise when I fried the Batt/Voltage reg. The battery had 12 volts with no load but was only outputting 6 volts while hitting the start button.

Adam
That could be correct. The starter is a huge drain and the voltage will drop a lot if it's turning or trying to turn. The batter should be more like 13V when fully charged and probably show over 14V across the terminals when the engine is running - that's from the charging circuit.

I don't know the exact figures the above is approximate.