Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Interview with GG Director

Interview with GasGas DirectorJuan Lopez.
I used Google Chrome translator to read this.

http://www.enduromagazine.com/entrev...esta-compania/

Old 12-30-2015, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

With the recent acquisition of Gas Gas by the company Torrot, the new CEO of Torrot Group, Ivan Contreras, it has designed an ambitious industrial plan to take the company to the precipice where it was and return to Gas Gas to level it deserves. To carry out the operation with solvency, it closed an agreement with a financial partner, the background Black Toro.

Once solved all the bureaucracy necessary, the implementation of Gas Gas is ensured and the new industrial plan starts immediately.

To advance this important commitment for the new Gas Gas, Ivan Contreras has appointed as Director General Juan Lopez, former Director of Business Development Torrot. And as the new Director General of Torrot to Alex Ballesta.

From the first minute we were informed of the acquisition, we were eager to know who is behind the salvation of the company's Salt, what better way to quench our intrigue that meet in person responsible and chat with him to draw our own conclusions .

Most people do not know Torrot as motorcycle brand would we could tell their story?

"Torrot is a business of bicycles and scooters born in 1948 in Vitoria, Mr. Iriondo created it. Over the years it was consolidated as a leading company in national mopeds, bicycles of all types and big bikes like Jaws, such as Urban Mobility would call today. The truth is that a person was somewhat visionary in this regard. Unfortunately in the nineties disappeared after a few years, Catalan businessmen acquired the name. Mr. Ivan Contreras Torrot repurchase and recast again, focusing on electric bikes for children and developing an electric scooter interconnected with its owner, with his environment, with the city. The recently presented at EICMA, in addition we also created a line Legend Series, aimed at pilots, the first in honor of Marco Simoncelli. "

Eicma Torrot GG
The presence of Torrot at EICMA and the presentation of their new power was a success

"If, on the one hand present the Legend Series line for child bike, with the presence of Paul Simoncelli, it was a very emotional and beautiful event. Another novelty is the Muvi, an innovative electric scooter in which we have implemented a lot of technology: "Networked Personal Mobility" we call it, look the last mile of the city, creating sustainable mobility at all levels, including the user's pocket we created an interface between users and Torrot city, with parking, pollution level, temperature which is circulating, if there is a jam, is not only to create a recreational vehicle, we go further with interconnected vehicles. "

?Torrot and Gas and Gas work?
"Torrot will continue its development as a technology company based on electric vehicles, we will go forward creating even vehicles without wheels, drones, but always keeping the personality of Torrot, with their electric vehicles and the application of technology."
"A Gas Gas will refund this passion that has always had with two motorcycles, four-stroke, also will take advantage of the synergies between the two companies to apply where this level of technology that has yet to Gas Gas possible."

"Concerning racing bikes, will be very serious in developing new models, we will create synergies between the pilots, the engineering department, R & D, making developments with great circuit and report on R & D so that you improve, no rush, slowly but very well done . We have to go out with motorbikes who have not seen this level of quality ever in this company. "
GG-5489 bldg facanasin title

But the same structure for the two brands will be used?
"Obviously the ability of this plant to produce 19,000 motorcycles Salt in a year, can be used for mounting or our KIDS Muvi, but in a completely independent way, evidently an issue of costs is better to bring the production unit of Torrot and riding here, but nothing to create blends between electric and gasoline. Gas Gas Torrot providing a high level of technology, engineering, R & D, but there will be a union, we will have hybrid vehicles ".

"
GGJlopez-Arnausin title-5452

In recent times the company was focused overseas sales market due to declining sales market in Spain What now wants to cover Gas Gas?

"Gas Gas has to cover all markets sensibly, surely Gas Gas, this is a personal opinion, leave earlier to supply the domestic market because of low sales and importers who would be asked to buy more amount of blow and go this will impact on their cash. Since then the Spanish market has to be covered with Gas Gas. Today, since leaving the award, dealers Spain, even from other brands, they want to Gas Gas, believe in our management and the quality that apply. When you talk of a yoke, a tire, a tire, the people of the world of the bike knows what you're talking about and are very expectant, Gas Gas will again be well represented in Spain, personally I would be very careful, as France by proximity, of course also all other importers, including the United States, where there will be growth in 2017, all of them will be there, in fact, have already passed their orders. "
On the subject of sales, do users with Gas Gas models prior to 2015 have to worry to purchase spare parts for their bikes?

"No, you do not have to worry at all, with the new software have been tested, we are desencallando whole issue of spare parts that have been required in recent months and have been serving as have the buffer of data bikes roughly ten years, we are looking at what stage create for this to be right, not obsolete, dispose of the parts for the customer to need arises he can serve. "
Gas Gas Adventure Tours

Do you think that after the long and traumatic expected to know the future of the brand, the image of Gas Gas has depreciated dramatically?

"It is logical that it has lost market range, it is normal that other brands have appeared to have taken advantage of the absence in the Gas Gas market, this is very legitimate, but both dealers, and importers and users are waiting Gas Gas around, and I'm sorry for the other brands, but Gas Gas in March and will be there to see. "
We know that there is an electric bike GG adult trial, will there be continuity with this project? Will we see more off-road motorbikes Power by Gas Gas?
"Yes, it may be possible, it is feasible, however we believe that now we have to focus on what we mentioned earlier: order, manage, communicate, perfectly structured whole company to be sustainable over time, increase the quality we speak Once everything is and have again achieved across the network market stocked with all products, over time, have to go conforming to the needs of the market and users, there is increasing demand for electric vehicle, It is more aware. For us it is not a priority, it will come. "
txt_e_2012_01
Old 12-30-2015, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

What do you think went wrong in the previous stage of Gas Gas?

"I'd rather not go in, see if I pointed the negative feedback that I have about what could happen in this company, I nurture and learn from them so that does not happen again in the team and from here ..."
Does the distribution network it had so far maintained?
"No one is going to keep those who want to maintain, are also looking to be greatly expanded, demand that we are entering more, we will respect all these network much you have been waiting and have product Gas Gas also we are showing all their support and have even given us material they have to nourish us at first. A number of criteria and requirements to these dealerships following the logic and the normality of any brand are marked. For us it is as important a small dealership that sells two bikes per month, which it sells 25, it is essential that you feel very alive and Gas Gas ".
GG-5479 Museusin title

Will you continue working with suppliers who already had the mark so far?
"In terms of suppliers attach great priority to those who were harmed in the latter part of this company, we are finding how could it be otherwise, with the pleasant surprise that everyone wants to work with us, but it is within our goals do some selection as there are too many suppliers, the result of the last time the company needed to find more. "
"Now vendors are going to ask more, a standard quality level that is above what they were previously required. We have no problem with anyone, supporters and the most "critical" that we could worry a little, the person we are visiting one by one and the feedback is positive. "
So we are checking directly, the company is already working at a good pace
"If we are working at management level and managing all the steps we must take they are already given and repeated so that nothing is cool."
Arnau GG-5473-Jkopezsin title

How the 13 million euros of investment will be distributed?
"They're going to deliver consistently department, much studied, without leaving the line at all, it is a very oversized what should be normal to launch the production unit budget. But hey, we have distributing it and use it wisely. "

For how the Ossa brand, will continue enrolled in Gas Gas?
"The brand Ossa was inside the gas plant Gas, had an external management internalized this mount Ossa and there comes ... Ossa still not Gas Gas currently has nothing to do with us."
GasGas-Barragan-Campio

Have you raised to be present at official level in competition?
"Yes, we will be present in Enduro and Trial, continuing the Team Pons to manage the team, with Jonathan Barragan and Diogo Ventura, who will compete in the World Championship and Spain. The Team Pons without means, has done a fabulous job this 2015 ".
"We started this year 2016, Jonathan is likely now means doing a very good season in the World, is a guy with very hot blood that knows what he does and he told me, that the resources can make a very good season and will be a long-term bet. "
I told Jonathan: "I do not want ficharte one year, I want a pilot for Gas Gas, if results come, come, do not come and should come ... to me that I do not, you're a guy who breathes Gas and gas are the future of the company. "
barragan-0238
From what I see, it will continue to pursue pilots have always been loyal to the brand
"I have not looked at other drivers, I only asked: who has suffered Gas Gas? Jonathan, the Team Pons, then come ... "
"Like Arnau Ferre, who met him with Ivan Contreras and me, I knew what had happened to these people, I did not let him speak in three minutes, and told him: Arnau and are at home with contract Gas Gas, this It is the spirit that I want to take this company again, I do not look a pilot, I look at people, I do not look a motorcycle, I look a passion, a lot of families who are here, this may seem melodramatic is very nice to move it then Company management team, to us this system has always worked for us. "
"The role of Arnau, will not only be official pilot trial, we shape it with us on a professional level, to have in the future a leading position within the company."
"In addition, aid in the Gas Gas Trial Marc Riba, along with foreign pilots, the Italian Matteo Grattarola, German Franzi Kadlec, British pilots Michael Brown, Jack Price and Jack Peace".
Ferre Arnau GG World Trial

Why his words are understood to bet on lasting relationships?

"We do not work with short-term relationships, we run long relationships based on trust, when someone fails in this trust also say to you that we are intransigent, we can not afford, first playing with a capital that is ours, and let alone threaten again to all the families involved in this company, therefore, our relationship is based on trust, if anyone wants to miss or impair this, immediately he leaves the team, as it can not be Otherwise, here no matter how you call that place occupies, or the cost, leaving the team and the chain becomes engage again. "
The bikes will be used to compete in enduro, logically will be the old model did you take advantage as a test model for the future?

"The bikes that will compete are bikes that have implemented the changes are approved by the pilots and will serve during this period until April. When we manufacture the first units, whether to make any changes, it will be by the reports that we pass the team. These bikes everything we have to upgrade obviously be done in real time, no waiting. Now everything will be much easier, thanks to the connection between the computer and the home, being more direct and instantaneous. If you are missing a piece the will, whether by land, air or sea, in 24 hours the will, as if I have to take personally take her. "
EndurRoc Arrivad

Gas Gas Will we see again competing in the Dakar Rally?
"I do not rule from 2018"

It is clear that in this new stage of Gas Gas is to be applied, apart from the passion, professionalism, rigor and seriousness
"Look, the important thing is to show that Gas Gas can have the quality that has any kind of mark or more, and Gas Gas turns with your product and your customer, this is important, might not be on some things politically correct, but they are effective. The CEO and the CEO, positions that are not usually used in the business, we both go together to Italy, hoping to ride our stand at EICMA, placing well the bikes, that's part of the illusion, being able to do otherwise, we prefer to make a return trip more than 22 hours by road because we had to go somewhere else, this is part of the passion for the project, participate and enjoy this effort to launch a company like is".
EICMA Torrot st

After chatting with the new Director General of Gas Gas, we can deduce that have very clear what the user demand Gas Gas and that is where they will attack and improve. We see a smart team, prepared, backed by cutting-edge technology, know what the company needs and is intended primarily to provide quality bikes with a reasonable price, setting a pace to make things right. It has given us a good feeling, is loving and enduro motorcycles. We bet on this new stage of Gas Gas. Good luck and gasssss !!!!
Source and Photos: enduromagazine ? copyright / GasGas
Old 12-31-2015, 11:07 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Interesting about Dakar and 2018, is he saying they might think about it after then? Lot of R&D between now and then since they are no longer using the Yamaha motors.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:42 PM

No mention of 2t,but the translation is patchy.here's hoping,although I'm not sure clean electric sits that well alongside the `smoky oilburner`image some have of 2t?
Old 12-31-2015, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by barossi73 View Post
No mention of 2t,but the translation is patchy.here's hoping,although I'm not sure clean electric sits that well alongside the `smoky oilburner`image some have of 2t?
True that.

"A Gas Gas will refund this passion that has always had with two motorcycles, four-stroke, also will take advantage of the synergies between the two companies to apply where this level of technology that has yet to Gas Gas possible."

"Concerning racing bikes, will be very serious in developing new models, we will create synergies between the pilots, the engineering department, R & D, making developments with great circuit and report on R & D so that you improve, no rush, slowly but very well done . We have to go out with motorbikes who have not seen this level of quality ever in this company. "

I'm also hoping something has been lost in translation.

It appears they don't want to reinvent the wheel here, and work to refine the product overall, but they also make reference to 4T and hybrid models.

Although they haven't addressed the 2T market, you would assume they have the smarts to identify that this is GG's hot ticket. They are what sells, and where the company was having the little success it did. If they choose to drop it, then so be it.. but I wouldn't be buying an X-Lite/Hybrid to replace a trusty banger... and suspect most here would share similar opinions.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:27 PM

Hopefully it meant to read-
"A gasgas will reignite this passion that it has always had for 2strokes. 4strokes also(like an afterthought),and will take advantage of the....."
My Spanish is terrible tho
Old 01-01-2016, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

That's how I interpreted it a couple of days ago when first reading. Spanglish.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
True that.

Although they haven't addressed the 2T market, you would assume they have the smarts to identify that this is GG's hot ticket. They are what sells, and where the company was having the little success it did. If they choose to drop it, then so be it.. but I wouldn't be buying an X-Lite/Hybrid to replace a trusty banger... and suspect most here would share similar opinions.
Actually, he did address the two stroke market. He admits that the post 2011 models had design and quality control issues that would be addressed and corrected before the Enduro line is put into production.A simultaneous and separate development program for the 2017 Enduro will move forward as well. There will be 125,250,300 2t models.

He mentions that the RD for the 4 stroke will continue but he seems to imply it is on the back burner and that they know that 4t development got GasGas into trouble before.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 01-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto7man View Post
Actually, he did address the two stroke market. He admits that the post 2011 models had design and quality control issues that would be addressed and corrected before the Enduro line is put into production.A simultaneous and separate development program for the 2017 Enduro will move forward as well. There will be 125,250,300 2t models.

He mentions that the RD for the 4 stroke will continue but he seems to imply it is on the back burner and that they know that 4t development got GasGas into trouble before.
Mind highlighting where in the above text it says this? Its possible I've missed it.. but I'm not seeing it. Tried searching key words: production/2017/stroke/250/300/etc with no results corresponding to your post. Was it mentioned in the link, or another thread?