Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:50 PM

Default Newbie bought 2004 EC250 - need help with parts

Hey guys, I am a newbie to GG (I am a converted KTM rider).

I need help in identifying basic parts like brake and clutch levers, throttle cable, and brake pad replacements.

Any specific help is appreciated. I don't want to be let down with this GG purchase, but finding parts has been time-consuming to say the least.

Thanks,

Brian

Old 11-07-2010, 09:30 PM

For example, I saw a brake lever listed on gofasters.com for $64.....Ouch! there has to be other options.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:29 PM

moose racing has both the standard length clutch and brake lever. look under the oem replacement lever section. the throttle cable, you are best off calling up gofasters and getting their 1.5 inch extended cable made by motion pro, it provides a little wiggle room and will run around 35 bucks if i remember right. other bikes like hondas and ktm use the same carb and basically the same cable, but there is a fixture at the carb end of the cable which makes a bend to fit around the gas tank, so the other brands cable will not work. brake pads off a honda cr, 87-01 (from the cross over list) GoFasters will have all of the parts you need. the link to their website is under the parts tab at ggor.us
i hope your gasgas will not let you down. yes, sometimes parts can be hard to find, but they are a fantastic bike. good luck!
Old 11-07-2010, 11:31 PM

by the way, it is often easier to call gofasters, rather than use the website. the website is functional, but it has its quirks. i have called multiple times and they are knowledgeable and fast.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:43 AM

Yeah, first thing to do is go to the parts crossover page, http://www.gasgasrider.org/html/parts_crossover.html

There are lots of other things that will work also, just do a search. Your best bet is the classifieds on here, lots of stuff to be had very reasonable (usually).

One great thing about GG parts is a lot of times they will list the size on gofasters so you can find a universal replacement for things like bearings.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:51 AM

Halls Cycle is also a good place for parts. check them out http://www.halls-cycles.com/index.html
Old 11-08-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
moose racing has both the standard length clutch and brake lever. look under the oem replacement lever section. the throttle cable, you are best off calling up gofasters and getting their 1.5 inch extended cable made by motion pro, it provides a little wiggle room and will run around 35 bucks if i remember right. other bikes like hondas and ktm use the same carb and basically the same cable, but there is a fixture at the carb end of the cable which makes a bend to fit around the gas tank, so the other brands cable will not work. brake pads off a honda cr, 87-01 (from the cross over list) GoFasters will have all of the parts you need. the link to their website is under the parts tab at ggor.us
i hope your gasgas will not let you down. yes, sometimes parts can be hard to find, but they are a fantastic bike. good luck!
Thanks guys for the quick response. When the crossover list states '87-'01 Honda for brake pads, does that mean it only applies to '87-'01 GG's as well? Or, will those pads work on my 2004?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:46 AM

They'll work on your '04.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 11-08-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinatree View Post
Thanks guys for the quick response. When the crossover list states '87-'01 Honda for brake pads, does that mean it only applies to '87-'01 GG's as well? Or, will those pads work on my 2004?
The pads will work for any GG with Nissin brakes. They are from a 87-01 CR250 and also the same ones on my XR650R and the fronts are the same as my sons CRF230, so I am sure there are many more they fit.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinatree View Post
For example, I saw a brake lever listed on gofasters.com for $64.....Ouch! there has to be other options.
I just took delivery of two front brake levers.... $8.95 a pop!! ~'01 Honda CR250.

AJP-compatible clutch levers are a little tougher to find in the typical channels. Try http://www.tryalsshop.com or http://www.lewisportusa.com/ for a good selection of AJP clutch levers.