Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:37 PM

Default Rear Brake, pedal is stiff and sticks....

While I am waiting on the new Clutch M/C, I want to take care of the little issues I noticed the other day on a ride.

The rear brake pedal is stiff, I lift it back up with my toe while riding.

When I pulled it apart all I have is a metal washer and a screw holding it on. Here comes the issue, I tighten the screw the pedal gets to stiff. I loosen the screw I worry about vibration and loosing the screw.

What parts are suppose to be holding the pedal on but also lets it move freely?

Old 10-18-2015, 03:40 PM

There should be a spring on the pedal? If it's missing order the spring.

There is a brass bushing that is pressed into the pedal, if its worn out, replace it. The post that is attached to the frame should be clean, if not, clean all the grime off along with the new bushing and spring some lube you should be good to go.

I found an oring that fits perfect with the shoulder of the bolt that holds the pedal on, just a little added protection to keep water and mud out of that soft bushing material.

good luck
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals

Last edited by Rick; 10-18-2015 at 03:41 PM. Reason: opps
Old 10-18-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
There should be a spring on the pedal? If it's missing order the spring.

There is a brass bushing that is pressed into the pedal, if its worn out, replace it. The post that is attached to the frame should be clean, if not, clean all the grime off along with the new bushing and spring some lube you should be good to go.

I found an oring that fits perfect with the shoulder of the bolt that holds the pedal on, just a little added protection to keep water and mud out of that soft bushing material.

good luck
I just looked at mine, didn't take it off. But there is an allan head screw that screws in with NO nut on the back. Is this normal or some Jerry rigged crap?

The one I found online has a bolt that goes through the center and has a nut on the back.

I am not sure I have the right stuff now.

Will this one fit my bike? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-GasGas-...pWBfle&vxp=mtr
Old 10-18-2015, 03:59 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

That sounds correct but you can add a nut.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman View Post
That sounds correct but you can add a nut.
There's no hole for it to go all the way through. The back side looks like it is welded.

I just watched this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbdju6ayLkI
The parts that he is comparing, mine can't be removed.

I looked inside my pedal, cleaned it up a bit and stuck it back on. Looks like the washer is to large and pinches the pedal against the the backside of the housing. From the looks of it, I can't replace this part even if I wanted to
Old 10-18-2015, 08:51 PM

The brake pivot is welded to the frame. A bolt secures the brake pedal to the pivot stud. The brake pedal has a brass bushing pressed in.....which CAN BE REPLACED.....I've replaced mine several times.

The video clip shows a much newer design.....newer style frame.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 10-18-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
The brake pivot is welded to the frame. A bolt secures the brake pedal to the pivot stud. The brake pedal has a brass bushing pressed in.....which CAN BE REPLACED.....I've replaced mine several times.

The video clip shows a much newer design.....newer style frame.
That's what I was looking for. The exploded view I have doesn't have the parts I have in it.

Thus the confusion on this set up. Where did you order the brass ring to press into the brake pedal?

I will need to order that and the spring.

Thanks
Old 10-18-2015, 10:22 PM

Hall's can take care of you. 2001 or 2002 parts manual should be the same as the 99.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S