Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:47 AM

Default Rear brake adjustment

I can't seem to get the rear brake pedal down as low as I would like it.Right now it is above the foot peg by about 3/4 of an inch.If I try to adjust it I end up with no free play.Is there something I'm missing doing wrong or I might just be an idot.Either way give me your 2 cents I would really like to get that darn thing lower.Also any after market brake levers out there that are better.Mike

Old 05-31-2009, 01:23 PM

Here is what you need to do.....lots of other good info as well

http://www.scottysdirtbikespares.com...ght-adjus.html
Old 05-31-2009, 01:55 PM

Thanks I was just out in the garage looking at it again and that was my only thought was to cut the end off. Now after confirming it I will make it a little shorter.Good bunch off info on the http://www.scottysdirtbikespares.com...ght-adjus.html site. Thanks skidad
Old 05-31-2009, 11:48 PM

I have never liked the clevis design on these bikes, all that built in play with a slotted hole drives me nuts. I made my own clevis with limited play and adjusted the lenght to get the pedal where I want it, just above the plane of the peg. Now I get braking force with far less movement of the pedal and the brake snake makes this cool little click noise on the Hyde as well.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Thanks I was just out in the garage looking at it again and that was my only thought was to cut the end off. Now after confirming it I will make it a little shorter.Good bunch off info on the http://www.scottysdirtbikespares.com...ght-adjus.html site. Thanks skidad
Old 06-01-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
I have never liked the clevis design on these bikes, all that built in play with a slotted hole drives me nuts. I made my own clevis with limited play and adjusted the lenght to get the pedal where I want it, just above the plane of the peg. Now I get braking force with far less movement of the pedal and the brake snake makes this cool little click noise on the Hyde as well.

Paul
PEB, how about a pic of your setup???

I've seen this on a few Euro setup Gassers. Maybe helps with the slop and adds some additional pedal resistance?

Old 06-03-2009, 07:50 AM

I shorten the MC actuator on all GGs. I retained the slotted clevis, but installed M6 weldnuts on each side of the pedal pivot hole with a bolt so there is no longer a steel/aluminum interface that wears the pedal hole and makes things sloppy quick. I also made a prototype pedal/MC bracket that uses a heim joint like a KTM. Works fine, but no better than the weldnut solution, and a lot more work shortening the joints and bending the bracket.