Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:37 AM

Default LHRB with standard Clutch lever/cylinder

Does this work OK (at least to try to see if i like the LHRB?)

The clutch takes dot 4 so the fluids are compatable - I will just run with the rekluse and no over-ride to test it first then consider what to do about an over-ride for safety.

'95 ish XR630 (died many times in Oz)

Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 AM

yep. it works fine as long as you have the rear mc adapter or you plan to run a long hose to the rear caliper and forgo the the rear peddle.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:11 PM

Yes, it works. I just ran this on my KTM 200. You will need a brake line that goes from your clutch MC to your rear brake caliper. Speigler is a great compony that can take care of you on that part.

A couple of things to note:

-Back bleeding from the caliper to your MC works really well and gets all of the air out of the line.

-I am not sure what you plan on doing with your Clutch line, but Rekluse used to make a block off kit. It tricked your Rekluse into thinking there was still a clutch by providing fluid under pressure into the clutch slave cylinder. I did not do this part. I simply zip tied my clutch line behind my headlight and left the fluid in the line. But, this did not provide enough pressure to the slave and my Rekluse began to slip excessively.

-You have to give the LHRB at least 2-3 rides to get used to it and ride the terrain you usually ride. I works awesome, but takes some getting used to.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:02 AM

Default How solid should the lever feel?

A few questions - most importantly how solid should the clutch lever feel when pulling it? (using the standard GG clutch lever as the brake lever)

I've bled and re-bled the brake but it still feels very soft - I can pull the lever to the bar, I can also see the rear caliper moving/flexing when I pull it so it's doing something.

firfighter - I'm confused what going on with your clutch - providing pressure to the slave will dis-engage the clutch so will not work but you are saying the opposite?
'95 ish XR630 (died many times in Oz)
Old 06-12-2013, 06:08 PM

You should be able to lock up the rear brake with 1 finger and little pressure on the lever similar to your front brake. Back bleeding usually works. I used a 50cc syringe and pushed the fluid into the bleeder on the rear caliper. That removed all of the air out of the line. Rekluse recommends removing your rear wheel and pushing your rear brake piston all of the way in, then back bleeding. There is an instruction manual on the Rekluse site under discontinued products that walks you through the process.

Rekluse used to sell a clutch eliminater kit. They can still make you one and ship it to you for cheap. It is a banjo bolt attached to tubing that you use at the clutch slave cylinder. You fill up the tubing with 3" of clutch fluid and fold over the tubing then ziptie it shut. This provides enough fluid and minimal pressure to the slave cylinder so that the auto clutch engages properly.

One thing to consider. I just rode a very techical, VERY STEEP ride on Monday. Because my stock clutch MC is on the small side, I boiled over the fluid on the many long steep vertical drops. Not good to loose your brakes in these conditions. I am going to order a Brembo unit which is larger than my Magura. The AJP unit is much larger than the Magura, so it should not be a problem.

Hope this helps.

LHRB is simply awesome! I don't think I will ever go back!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firffighter View Post
You should be able to lock up the rear brake with 1 finger and little pressure on the lever similar to your front brake. Back bleeding usually works. I used a 50cc syringe and pushed the fluid into the bleeder on the rear caliper. That removed all of the air out of the line. Rekluse recommends removing your rear wheel and pushing your rear brake piston all of the way in, then back bleeding. There is an instruction manual on the Rekluse site under discontinued products that walks you through the process.

Rekluse used to sell a clutch eliminater kit. They can still make you one and ship it to you for cheap. It is a banjo bolt attached to tubing that you use at the clutch slave cylinder. You fill up the tubing with 3" of clutch fluid and fold over the tubing then ziptie it shut. This provides enough fluid and minimal pressure to the slave cylinder so that the auto clutch engages properly.

One thing to consider. I just rode a very techical, VERY STEEP ride on Monday. Because my stock clutch MC is on the small side, I boiled over the fluid on the many long steep vertical drops. Not good to loose your brakes in these conditions. I am going to order a Brembo unit which is larger than my Magura. The AJP unit is much larger than the Magura, so it should not be a problem.

Hope this helps.

LHRB is simply awesome! I don't think I will ever go back!
Do you have a photo of Rekluse clutch eliminator kit?