Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Gofasters to provide WEC GasGas support.

Just spoke to Drew Smith concerning the WEC round in New York this Summer and he told me that their American rider pre-entries are down this year.

To help things out we've worked out a deal with the GasGas factory to provide mechanical and technical support to any GasGas rider who will be competing at this year New York and Canadian World Enduro Championships. The level of support will be determined by the number GasGas riders who sign up.

If anybody out their is thinking about riding either of the North American WEC rounds on a GasGas please contact me ASAP so we can work out the logistics of what parts you may need.

If you're wondering what it would cost to enter either event I understand the costs are around $500 for entry fee, FIM license and insurance. As far as GasGas parts support the GasGas rider would be billed for any parts that they use.

The idea is if you, or sombody you know, is thinking about riding the North America rounds this might help ease your expenses by not having to carry a lot of wear parts.

The success of these events is very important if the WEC is to keep returning to North America.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist

Old 05-23-2007, 07:08 PM

If anyone else needs any help or has any questions about the Canadian Round with regards to the course, accomodations etc... email me. I am the Parc Ferme Mgr (CDN round) again this year and would be happy to help anyone out.

My email is scott "at" rossrochersales "dot" com or call me (519)393-6660.

Last edited by ScottyR; 05-24-2007 at 05:51 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Site Sponsor

Everyone involved in the the GasGas message boards (GasGasRider and Talking Smack) needs to do a little recruiting to get some riders involved in the North American WEC rounds. This is not limited to US or Canadian riders.

To help where we can I'd like to start a WEC roll call to put together a list of people who will be attending the New York and / or Canadian rounds. Maybe with that information we can put together some support to help get a few more riders to attend this year's North American WEC rounds.

If your going to attend please list your name and state (or country) that your from and whether you are a worker, spectator, rider etc.

Here goes.

Steve Berkner - Minnesota - Journalist. Will be attending both rounds.

Mark Berg - Minnesota - Mechanic / Support. Will be attending both rounds.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:52 PM

Bill Harrington - New Jersey - working the New York round

'03 EC400fse
'95 KX 250
Old 05-24-2007, 06:30 PM

Default WEC questions for Steve Berkner

Steve, Does the WEC have a Master A equivalent class (over 50)? I have ridden just about everything domestic over the years but never a WEC event. I do travel internationally for business and it would be great fun to ride a few events abroad. Also do you now if their will be any significant changes to the 2008 models and if they will be released earlier this summer?? I will be in market for a new bike anytime and am also looking into contingency programs. I was very fortunate to receive GasGas support rides from 2001 through 2005. I hope that a new program will be implemented soon!
Thanks
Dave A
2005 300 DE
Master A
Old 05-24-2007, 07:51 PM

Steve,
I'll be at the NY round as a spectator, one or maybe both days. Hopefully this time I'll get to stop in and say Hi,,
Steve Cruise
Old 05-25-2007, 07:11 AM

Mike G - Ontario - Trail Marshall
Old 05-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Site Sponsor

Dave A

The WEC has E1 ( 125 2-Stroke / 250 4-stroke ), E2 ( 250 2-stroke / 450 4-stroke ) , E3 ( 285+ 2-stroke / 500+ 4-stroke) and EJ (23 and under) classes.

To ride in any of the WEC rounds a rider should at least be at the A level.

Each round is limited to aproximately 120 riders. Presently the US round is expecting 80 riders.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:48 AM

Tom G - Ontario - spectator, probably only the 2nd day.