Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 06-25-2011, 10:50 AM

Default 05 450fse running like crap! (upstate NY)

I have an 05 fse, that has always run very well........untill this Spring. At first I thought it was the fuel, even though I treated it prior to storage last Fall. I changed the plug, drained the old fuel, and added Cam2 race fuel (has no ethanol), and got it running, but it runs very rough.....pops, snorts, stalls, header pipe glows cherry red, etc. The only change that I made was I tried adjusting the little air/mixture screw on the left side of the throttle body by the throttle cable. My question is.......I read on this forum that other people have changed positions on that little screw, in order to "fine tune the idle.....that is the ONLY thing I have done to a bike that ran fine when I put it away last Fall. Could this have thrown-off my settings?........it doesn't seem to matter where I set that screw.......seems to run crappy no matter what. My second question is......I am in upstate NY (Utica area) and there is not a GG dealer within hundreds of miles of here that will work on the 4T. Is there anyone near me that has the software for this that would be willing to have a look? Thanks!

Old 06-25-2011, 03:52 PM

Check out the air cleaner if you haven't already.........I had a problem where mine had been stored for 3 months and it ran like crap. Filter was clean but must have been blocked by congealed filter oil. Cleaning and re-oiling cured the problem. These engines are really susceptible to these kind of things!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:45 AM

Default Can anyone HELP????

I just serviced the air cleaner, and actually tried running it without one in it, but it did the same thing. Anyone have any thoughts on this? It seems to run lean........OK going down the road at steady throttle, but as soon as you back off the throttle it pops, and stalls. Un-rideable in the woods, as it keeps stalling when you let off on the throttle.......Plug is white.........indicates lean condition. Seems to start OK, and idles pretty good. Could it be the injector?? PLEASE HELP!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:31 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I'd say one of your sensors are shot. Either buy the software+connector harness from Technoresearch, or do a poor mans version by measuring up your sensor's resistance.

In this thread sensors are discussed, together with links to spec sheets.
http://gasgasrider.org/forum/showthr...3448#post63448
Old 06-27-2011, 03:41 PM

Is the Blue/Yellow wire disconnected? This wire when connected set the ECU to a very lean control map to meet some sort of emmision setup.

That wire connected plus your adjustment of the air screw may lead to the problems your having.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:19 PM

Wire has been unhooked since the day I bought the bike.......and it did run bad when it was hooked up. I'm pretty sure I have a bad sensor, or injector. Just need to pony-up the cash for the diagnostic equipment. ($400+) Bike is worthless unless I do something. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!! I hate to say it, but I think my next bike will be orange.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:32 PM

Timing. In all my years of building 500+hp cars timing is what causes headers to glow red. If the injector where that plugged to not live up to its duty cycle it wouldn't even cycle.

IS the timing controlled buy ecu on these models? if it is whip out the timing light and i bet its retarded as hell.

(Headers glow red also when you push the limits of your 500+hp car) lol but thats not your issue.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:37 PM

Also depending on how savy you are i would ditch the stock junk box anyway. I would get a microsquirt.

tune the bike yourself or have a tuner do it on a dyno. N/A engines are a snap though easy learning curve. As long as you understand ve and other things.

I run standalone efi on every vehicle i own even my 05 silverado. why because i can tune my maps better for what i do than gm can for all around use.

Look into it before you shell out major cashola for the stock ecu.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Diag tool is $229. http://www.technoresearch.com/Produc...ke_Pricing.htm
Old 06-29-2011, 05:40 AM

Thanks for all the input guys! In regards to the diagnostic equipment......didn't I read that you also need a special adaptor for your lap-top, as the cable doesn't interface with a modern unit??? I'm not a computer wiz, but I could swear that I read that on the forum here somewhere??