Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:48 PM

Will do. It looks like I'll be pulling the rear wheel tomorrow. I have a race this weekend, so I hope I don't find anything too bad.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:16 AM

Let us know what you end up finding. I'm especially curious since we have the same year Gassers.

About your other question for me, Given my lack luster showing at the enduro we ran, I think I'm gonna wait this one out and try to let these tendons in my elbows get better. I hate not being able to finish races because of pain. Maybe we can get together at one soon.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:54 AM

[I think I'm gonna wait this one out and try to let these tendons in my elbows get better. I hate not being able to finish races because of pain. Maybe we can get together at one soon.[/QUOTE]

That's probably a good idea to wait it out. Tendons can take awhile to heal, especially for us old farts.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singletracker View Post
I wish it was something as simple as dirt, but it's been like this since new and it is always difficult to get it out.

Honestly, I though it was the nature of the GG beast since it's been that way since new. It must be a manufacturers defect, but I'm sure it's too late to get it taken care of under warranty.
It may not be too late. I purchased my 07 bike from GoFasters and it came with a front axel that was machined too small. It went through bearings very fast and took me over a year to find the problem but Mark replaced the axel at no cost as soon as I told him of the problem.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:38 PM

It may just be rough plating, or plating thats too thick. Clean it up and work it with a scotchbrite pad as long as it looks straight when rolled on a known flat surface. Also measure it with decent calipers.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:49 PM

What should it measure?
Old 08-09-2012, 04:28 PM

Well, after inspecting everything discussed I've come to the conclusion that the end of the inner wheel spacer has a slight burr on the sprocket side. It may have been mushroomed out a little when installed at the factory. Some steel wool or scotch bright might take care of it, but I'm concerned about getting grit in the bearings if I use scotch bright on it while it's installed. I definitely won't use steel wool on it while installed.

Any suggestions or am I buggered until I take it out?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

The actual spacer between the bearings inside the hub?? I'd get a small round file, slap some grease around and slightly shave it down. Shouldn't end up with too much swarf. The bearings are sealed so shouldn't end up in them, and if any does and blows the bearings out just slap a fresh set in. You'd have to do that if removing them to clean it up anyway.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
The actual spacer between the bearings inside the hub?? I'd get a small round file, slap some grease around and slightly shave it down. Shouldn't end up with too much swarf. The bearings are sealed so shouldn't end up in them, and if any does and blows the bearings out just slap a fresh set in. You'd have to do that if removing them to clean it up anyway.
I'm talking about the long sleeve that is in between the left and right side bearings. I'm not sure I want to chance getting filings in the bearings right before a 70 mile enduro. I may just wait to mess with it.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:10 PM

I changed my mind and filed on it very carefully, but it is still a tight fit. Something must be skewed a little bit. The wheel turns freely and the bearings are tight, so for now I will live with it.