Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

View Poll Results: What tire do you use on your Enduro bike?
knobbie 209 73.85%
trials 37 13.07%
all of the above 37 13.07%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm_enduro View Post
I, too, love the 754. What front are you using? I used the 914, but it seems to be discontinued. I see there is a 994, but have no idea how it works.
I have tried both of those and didn't care for either. I liked the C-19 and now am trying the new C-21 "Stone Eater". Can't say I have an opinion yet as I have only rode twice on it. I will update you when I get a few more rides in.

'07 EC300 sold
'06 EC300 sold
'78 Suzuki RM250C2
'75 Yamaha YZ250B sold

Old 06-05-2012, 06:19 PM

I ran a motoz enduro st rear tire last year I really didnt know if it was any good at the time but it lasted me a whole year (about 40 hours I need to ride more) and still has a 1/2 inch of tread, I had no other good tires to compare it to. So I put a s12 on this year to have fresh rubber for a race and the 1/2 worn out motoz has more bite than it especially on rocks and roots, im not buying anymore s12s, im getting an other motoz enduro st if I can, if I cant I will get a mt16, I need more bite on roots. I tried a trials tire too (mt43) and didnt like it theres too many grassy muddy spots where I ride to run one its like a slick on that stuff.
I havent tried a motoz front yet tho. Im likeing the new prielli mx extra X front its based off the 410 soft terrian mx tire its alot better than the kenda millville it replaced. Its totally different than the origanal mx extra (now called extra j) which was a mid hard tire and not near as good in the wet conditions I ride in, there was one of those on my bike when I got it. Pirelli should have named their new tires better... extra X is for soft and extra J is for hard terrian thats kinda dumb imo, people will end up with the wrong tires, the dealer I bought it from didnt even know it was different than the mx extras he sold last year.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:33 AM

Most of the time I run a S12XC front and rear, the newer s12's are not as good as the old ones. I actually prefer the Pirelli XCMS front, its a great tire for where I ride and it holds up fairly well. I also run a Michelin comp Trials tire on the rear when it dries up some, I love that tire in the rocks and roots but it takes a little different riding style. I have also ran a Washougal Sticky rear that I liked very much. All of these are on my race/trail bike (08 YZ250).

On my dual sport (wr250r) I run a Pirelli Scorpion Pro front and MT43 rear. Its a great set up in everything from gravel roads to roots and rocks on trails. The MT43 isnt too good in deep mud but it shines in everything else on that bike. It also lasts a VERy long time. I have also ran dunlop 606's f/r on that bike and they are good intermediate tires but the rear doesnt last long and traction drops off quickly as it wears. The pirelli combo will be the only thing I run on that bike from now on.

Now for my new Gasser, I am not sure what I will run. Probably the XCMS front and maybe a Irc MB5 rear or maybe the new Millville 2. Its drying up a lot around here so I may even run a MT43 on it. The stock 6 days tires have to go ASAP.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:38 AM

None of the TTs are good in deep sticky mud and clay ruts. The OEM rear FIM tire is OK in rocks, worth using up trail riding. Some guys like the front, I never ran one, settled on the M59. I think I can get along with just two rear tires, an MT-16 and MT-43 Trials(until I can get a Mitas again), both Tubliss. The MT-16 @ 6-7 PSI is a great mud/rock/loam tire, with good life, and did not hold me back in sand either. The newer S12 I have sucks in everything but sand, compound seems too hard. Too easy to spin up on anything hard.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:10 PM

I had always been a michelin S-12 rider in the southern Ohio races I have done. This year however, I have switched to the dunlop MX-51 rear with the MX-31 or 51 front depending on conditions.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpelaston View Post
I had always been a michelin S-12 rider in the southern Ohio races I have done. This year however, I have switched to the dunlop MX-51 rear with the MX-31 or 51 front depending on conditions.
How do you feel they compare?
Old 06-15-2012, 06:56 PM

On the rear, I think the MX-51 is as good or better in all the conditions I've used it which ranges from soft slick clay to hard packed and dusty and I love it.

The front I have only used in intermediate to hard terrain and it is light years better than the michelin S and M-12 that I have been using. I am told that if its softer soil that I will need to switch to the MX-31 front.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Banned

switched from Michellin M-12's rear to dunlop mx-71. I love the m-12's but they wear to quick in the rocky hard packed deserts we ride in. Still running the m-12 up front.

I was getting less then a month of riding with the M-12's in the rear. Became very expensive!
Old 11-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
switched from Michellin M-12's rear to dunlop mx-71. I love the m-12's but they wear to quick in the rocky hard packed deserts we ride in. Still running the m-12 up front.

I was getting less then a month of riding with the M-12's in the rear. Became very expensive!
My new favorite tire, Metzler 6 days. Was a little apprehensive about running it, but it came stock on my 12'. And I didn't want to change out a perfectly good tire. I have 25 hrs on it so far and it has been the best tire I have run so far. It is at the point if it was a different tire I would have changed it already but it still bites like it was new.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:49 PM

I'm running a Maxxis IT 120x100x18 on rear and 403 Bridgestone up front 90x100x21.
03 H-D Nightrain
www.newoodsriders.com
You Can't Out Run Death Forever
But You Can Make the BASTARD Work For It!
Enjoy Life, Have Fun and Play Hard