Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:45 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobi View Post
Using the brake light switch banjo bolt?
yes, why??

Old 02-05-2013, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
yes, why??
Apparently they can make the brake feel 'mushy'. You can swap it for a traditional banjo bolt. I was almost going to do this but the wave disk fixed my issues.

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC
Old 02-05-2013, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

I should have done mine today when I was bleeding the brakes. Doh. Got spare banjo bolts here and have the brake switch disconnected. Its a bit faulty. On wet rides it somehow manages to charge the handlebars up and every time you grab the clutch and brake at the same time it gives you an electric zap through the wet gloves. A lovely feeling as you're coming into a nice wet slimey corner a bit too hot and trying to get as much stopping power as possible without over doing it. Fun times.

Anyone else experienced this?
Old 02-05-2013, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I should have done mine today when I was bleeding the brakes. Doh. Got spare banjo bolts here and have the brake switch disconnected. Its a bit faulty. On wet rides it somehow manages to charge the handlebars up and every time you grab the clutch and brake at the same time it gives you an electric zap through the wet gloves. A lovely feeling as you're coming into a nice wet slimey corner a bit too hot and trying to get as much stopping power as possible without over doing it. Fun times.

Haha no but I'd love to figure out how that works and then give my 'Mates' a ride lol.

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC
Old 02-05-2013, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

Higher the revs the stronger the buzz

You can have the switch if you want. Hahah! I'm pretty sure more than one Yamaha has had this issue over the years.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
yes, why??
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_green View Post
Apparently they can make the brake feel 'mushy'. You can swap it for a traditional banjo bolt. I was almost going to do this but the wave disk fixed my issues.
Like n said, they can contribute to the mushy feel.

I haven't looked at the switch part particularly closely, but I can one finger stoppie without too much drama with a proper banjo bolt.
I haven't tried a wave disc though.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Banned

Quote:

My old KLX300 used to do this. It was quite alarming the first time, then I just got used to it. It would definatley wake me up when I got lazy.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
My old KLX300 used to do this. It was quite alarming the first time, then I just got used to it. It would definatley wake me up when I got lazy.
Did you ever isolate what it was? I haven't tried a new switch, but I have confirmed that if I unplug the switch at the harness no more zaps. No wires are exposed or rubbed through anywhere (went through the whole harness recently).
Old 02-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Did you ever isolate what it was? I haven't tried a new switch, but I have confirmed that if I unplug the switch at the harness no more zaps. No wires are exposed or rubbed through anywhere (went through the whole harness recently).
Sounds like a bad ground in the brake light circuit. When you pull the lever the circuit is closed turning on the light. Typically, the switch opens and closes the "hot" side of the brake light, so if the switch grounds itself out when powered, you would be the lucky recipient of the excess voltage, thus completing a circuit through the levers. Possibly.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_green View Post
Haha no but I'd love to figure out how that works and then give my 'Mates' a ride lol.
Had this happen on my 2001 XC 250, And I let anyone who would get on it, have a go The downside...One buddy got a zap, and he let go, altogether, and paraded my bike out through the bushes. I felt bad, but none of us, could stop laughing. Neither rider, or my bike were injured. After that, I unplugged the light(the source of electricity). A faulty earth connection was the issue.