Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:25 AM

Default Wave rotor

I ordered a wave rotor for my 09, i think it will improve the front brake power and feel. Thanks for the input.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Did you ever isolate what it was? I haven't tried a new switch, but I have confirmed that if I unplug the switch at the harness no more zaps. No wires are exposed or rubbed through anywhere (went through the whole harness recently).
I changed the light switch, only because it broke and when I did I quit getting shocked.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:31 PM

I don't want to hijack the thread but I thought I herd that yz brake pads are interchangeable or something. I have a 2011 six days what year of yz would swap.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alta redneck View Post
I don't want to hijack the thread but I thought I herd that yz brake pads are interchangeable or something. I have a 2011 six days what year of yz would swap.
You heard right, the rear pads of a late model YZ125/250 fits the 10'/11'/12? gasgas rear caliper. The front pads are still from a CR/KX/RM
Premier part number is 326 for the rear, and 126 for the front.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alta redneck View Post
The 2003 - 2006 model YZ250F/WR250F uses the same front and rear along with the 2003-2007 YZ250 2T. These will fit the EC's 10/11/12. Early models used a different rear caliper. Not sure when the cross over occurred. Around 09.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAHOSPUD View Post
I ordered a wave rotor for my 09, i think it will improve the front brake power and feel. Thanks for the input.
Just curious how did it improve your front brake for power and feel?
I'm thinking of upgrading my brake rotor on an 08, I raced some MX races last Sunday and found that I was lacking a bit of feel / power especially on the down hill braking sections. On the flat section where I could just grab a hand full I had no issues.

I rode a 2011 SXF a few weeks ago and really like the brakes on that bike (My GG was in the shop with a bent linkage bolt so had to share my team mates bike for a 6H race)
Old 09-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Administrator

On older models I know the front line was not steel braid. A better front line improves feel and stopping...

jeff
Old 09-19-2013, 06:38 PM

Just had a look bike has steel braided lines and the lever action does not feel like it needs bleeding, I guess I'm looking for improved feel. On hard packed downhils I'm to soft on the brakes due to lack of good feel. The bike brakes well when you can grab a hand full but not easy to get the maximum amount of braking when you have to find that edge of grip on hard pack down hill sections or muddy slippery conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
On older models I know the front line was not steel braid. A better front line improves feel and stopping...

jeff
Old 09-19-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan_b View Post
Just had a look bike has steel braided lines and the lever action does not feel like it needs bleeding, I guess I'm looking for improved feel. On hard packed downhils I'm to soft on the brakes due to lack of good feel. The bike brakes well when you can grab a hand full but not easy to get the maximum amount of braking when you have to find that edge of grip on hard pack down hill sections or muddy slippery conditions.
You might consider removing the front brake switch/banjo if it is still fitted and replacing it with a standard banjo bolt. Much improved feel.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 09-27-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
You might consider removing the front brake switch/banjo if it is still fitted and replacing it with a standard banjo bolt. Much improved feel.
Any idea what size the banjo bolt is? Will a standard bolt off a late model Japanese mx bike with a Nissin master cylinder fit? I have the switch bolt and the brake is mushy. I'd prefer to have a new standard bolt in hand before I change it out.

Thanks.