Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:35 AM

Im in for a bigger 07 tank.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bens25au View Post
Im in for a bigger 07 tank.
Unfortunately it doesnt seem that anything will happen unless a GasGas dealer will get involved, at least to take advance orders - and payments - for a 40 tank minimum that IMS will need to start production. This seems to be a generous offer from IMS, I dont see how anyone can lose out here. The advance orders can be with payment, so the dealer cant lose. Seems plenty of people want/need a bigger tank.
Cheers
Jerry
Old 07-04-2008, 07:24 PM

Oh well, I thought there were a few decent GasGas dealers active on this forum, if there are, they dont want to get involved in this discussion somehow, I cant see why not. Maybe they know something we dont? Looks like I will have to lug around the 5 litres of gas in a rucksack on long trips if I buy the EC300 like I am thinking. Or, maybe I will just keep the Husky 450 and the 14.5 litre IMS.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:41 PM

I would take one...

What's the count up to, 8? That doesn't look too good.

Does Clarke make a "big" tank for the 08's?
Old 07-05-2008, 11:02 AM

i would figure that since gofasters (seems to be) the largest gg parts dealer in the us, theyd just straight up order the 100 tanks and sell them online at retail, or a slight discount, or even to other distributors in the us. im in for one, but thats all i can afford. my local dealer hasnt really ayed or nayed id imagine hed only want 5 or less, theres only 2 gg dealers in montana (that ive found) so obviously there isnt going to be that many gg. yet im going to call the other one too, see if theyre interested.

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:
Old 07-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

It would be a big risk fo GoFasters to buy 100 tanks.
If they don't fit right-like I've seen- they would be stuck with them.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

Clarke has a big tank for the 4 stroke Gas Gas'.
Maybe they will do a 2 stroke tank, if we ask them.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:09 AM

I did send send an email to Clarke asking if they would make a tank for 2007and up two strokes - the answer was a flat no.
IMS on the other hand will do it, if there is a minimum of 40 tanks. Thats not bad!
Of course they would have to fit right.

Cheers
Jerry
Old 07-10-2008, 12:07 PM

Enough of this dealers getting involved stuff. GG USA should be getting involved if you ask me. Look at American Beta. They had a larger IMS tank built specially for their enduro bikes BEFORE they even started releasing them this year. They sell much less bikes than Gas Gas. They were pro-active. CLEARLY there is a want and need for this option and it's not just in the US. Many in other countries are looking for a bigger tank option as well.

Dale M. the US Gas Gas importer along with Gas Gas Spain should get together and get this done IMO.

It is interesting how the guys from Go Fasters have been so silent on this issue and this thread has been going for quite awhile. Hopefully they are up to something LOL.

Skidad
Old 07-10-2008, 01:57 PM

i can see go fosters being wary of bad tanks, but business is bussiness, if A pays B for product C, and B delivers product D, A owes B nothing, and if paid for already B etiher owes a correction, or a refund to A. i cant imagine any bussiness not trying to correct that kind of mistake, especially if it affects a whole shipment.
i guess this is also at question then, how are measurements taken? i can see ill fitment if taken from a tank without a bike, but if design was made with a complete bike i can see no room for error.

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck: