Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 01-20-2013, 01:55 PM

does any one tried the smart carb on a 125cc???

Old 01-20-2013, 03:40 PM

Yes a CH member did and thought the bike was ready for a top end before the SC. After the SC install....no need for a top end . Honestly I think they would help any bike and small bikes with less power even more so.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:35 PM

Will these carbs have fewer vents to the outside and be less prone to sucking in water and dust from the outside?
Old 01-20-2013, 11:10 PM

My SC has no outside vents but I'm not sure about the new one's. Corey would have to answer that.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 AM

NO vents, as the bowl is pressurized to provide the mixture corrrection.

Progress sounds very promising, and my only real concerns have been addressed. Hell, if the bike idles on its side after a low side thats better than a PWK. My only problem is it won't be here for the first two races.

Its going to be interesting to see how effective the mixture adjuster is in tuning the power, that is going from a perfectly tuned crisp response to a softer response if needed for a slick spring mountain mud race. Has anyone tried this?
Old 01-21-2013, 12:38 PM

I found on my bike after fitting the smart carb that putting the map switch in rain mode made the bike feel flat in comparrison to the standard map , so maybee you wont need to fiddle with the carb in greasy conditions .
Old 01-21-2013, 12:53 PM

Yes, thats true even for a well jetted PWK in sun mode. I was just curious how effective tuning the metering rod would be in addtion to this. Almost like swapping needles, but super easy.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Yes, thats true even for a well jetted PWK in sun mode. I was just curious how effective tuning the metering rod would be in addtion to this. Almost like swapping needles, but super easy.
I never got the chance to find out , my slide spring was bunching up so the slide would not reach high enough to engage the adjuster , fair play to corey though as he shipped me a new spring by ups , unfortunatly iv been working too much to try it out
Old 01-21-2013, 02:29 PM

I could be off base here because I haven't used the SC, but assuming that it works similar to the Lectron I don't think adjusting the metering rod will offer as much tunability as possible by switching needles in the PWK. Going from a NECW to a N3EW for instance offers a significant change in hit and rideability in my opinion. However on the Lectron adjusting the metering rod tends to dull it down a bit or make it rev more freely, but it doesn't add or move the hit around like the above needle switch.

After riding with the Lectron again this past weekend I can't really imagine wanting to change the characteristics much. It provides very controllable, strong and snappy power. I'm pretty sure you guys that are waiting for the SC will experience similar traits. I've been keeping mine in the sun mode even though the conditions are wet and slippery for the most part.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by singletracker View Post
I could be off base here because I haven't used the SC, but assuming that it works similar to the Lectron I don't think adjusting the metering rod will offer as much tunability as possible by switching needles in the PWK. Going from a NECW to a N3EW for instance offers a significant change in hit and rideability in my opinion. However on the Lectron adjusting the metering rod tends to dull it down a bit or make it rev more freely, but it doesn't add or move the hit around like the above needle switch.

After riding with the Lectron again this past weekend I can't really imagine wanting to change the characteristics much. It provides very controllable, strong and snappy power. I'm pretty sure you guys that are waiting for the SC will experience similar traits. I've been keeping mine in the sun mode even though the conditions are wet and slippery for the most part.
I would think this is where the G2 throttle cams would really shine- change the rate of slide to throttle tube ratio. Quick cam for snappy, slow cam for torque. That's my view, anyway.