Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:02 AM

Default Leak leak leak...

First off I had an oil leak, and noticed it everywhere.

I noticed my left side power valve over was cracked and the gasket behind it was ****ed! So I replaced that.

I then noticed the small sprocket on the engine had loads of oil (smelt like gearbox oil), so I have the seal that goes on the shaft behind the sprocket. To get that off you know you have to take the clutch off, when I removed it there was HALF an Oring inside of it (that I'm guessing goes onto the clutch push rod? So I have one of them Orings on order too!

Now I was fiddling about just checking things over and now I've noticed something else! The gear selector has a bit of play in it, and it also looks like I can see soem oil seaping between the seal and shaft (you might be able to see it in the vid)

Click to play;

Now I have got the selector seal on order, but I might aswell get that aswell depending on your verdicts? Whether it is just the selector seal or not, at least I'll have spares for the other bits

As much as I love my bike, it's annoying me

Old 12-11-2011, 06:08 PM

Sounds like someone was reusing gaskets. I would order a complete kit and freshen things up. Beats chasing things.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:19 PM

THe play looks normal. There should be a circlip on the end of the shift shaft. One of the many cool features of a gasgas
Old 12-15-2011, 03:47 PM

Thanks for the replies

I think Ive found out why there's a leak behind the sprocket at least!

Looks a bit worn out, anyone know what this part is called/part number? It's the big that sits on the shaft and the outputshaft seal sits around

Does anyone know if on the clutch push rod there should be an Oring? I ordered a full clutch cylinder seal kit (has the metal bit, spring and the ball bearing - but no small Oring I was hoping for)

Damn I suck at explaining things if I'm sucking really bad at it let me know and I'll take a picture of what I mean
Old 12-15-2011, 08:10 PM

Gofasters website has parts breakdown pictures with part numbers, have you looked there? What year and size is your bike and where are you located? I have some GG parts manuals at home but I'm working out of town. Send me a PM with your email if you still need help and I'll look things up this weekend after I get home if you can't find what you're looking for.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)