Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:42 AM

Default starter jet....where and how?

Hi folks. Just got my first ec 300 (2012) and am trying to work out some bugs. Can anyone tell me where the starter jet is located exactly in relation to pilot amd main? And, exactly how to i get it out to clean? (i may have some dirt in it) . I was told it is beside the pilot but the brass post that is sitting beside the main and pilot is round w a small whole on top...but has no notches, grooves or anything to get a screw driver or anything on it...Is this the starter jet....or am i crazy?

Old 05-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Not all carbs have the starter jet/slow jet. Some 2013 models do from what I can gather. I've never seen one myself.

Page 86 - http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals...13_en.pdf.html

I don't know how you'd remove it, but my understanding is that it is basically used to control the fuel flow to the choke circuit. Quoting someone else:
"Amber has two identical TE125's and one would idle really high on choke when it was cold. We pulled the carbies out and they had different Slow Jets or whatever they are called (the little jet next to the pilot). The one that idled high on choke had a #50 and the one that starts well had an #85. We whacked an #85 in her and she starts a treat. Therefor I have come to the conclusion that the SJ controls the fuel when the choke is out. I didn't pull the carby apart and see where the journal actually went though so I could be wrong.
PS. Don't swear at me if I am."