Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 09-25-2008, 02:51 PM

I didn't mean to imply that this is a problem with all bikes but the scorpion gear is an easy fix and something I'll do with every new GASGAS I buy.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:34 PM

Upon further inspection my shift shaft was bent pretty good.A reinforced cut-off wheel on the dremel took care of that.I noticed the new scorpion spring was shorther and seemed stiffer then the factory one I replaced even though my local parts man said the p/n had not been superceded or changed.Even though my manual showed the scorpion itself separate with a part # the parts man said scorpion can only be had with shift shaft assembly?I buttoned it back up with the old scorpion and it shifts much better now than it did before I bent the shaft.If any dealers out there have just the scorpion I'd like to purchase as mine was damaged on back side from contact with shift star.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:54 AM

Question

Sorry guys,

What is a Scorpion Spring? I Haven't heard this terminology before.

Cheers.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:31 PM

Red face shift shaft scorpion IS available afterall!

Guess what showed up today? A me250236036 shift claw! I apoligize for my dumbfounded lack of short term memory loss as I'm not accustomed to receiving parts from my local dealer a whole week after ordering them,they usaualy show up the next day and since I cant remember what it was I did yesterday,forget last week.Anyway I was wrong-you can get just the scorpion.Oh,did I mention in the last post that dealer had "everything" in stock except for the "shift claw"?Try to recreate that scenario at your local "big 5" dealership.