Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Australia & New Zealand

Old 01-21-2012, 05:55 PM

Default Melbourne dealers

I want a '12 300R. I note 2 dealers. Price is not the most important issue but knowledge and service are.

I am closest to the Dandenong dealer by a fraction, at 15min.

Do any Melbourne based guys have any opinions they would like to share. pM me if that's better.

Thanks.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:07 PM

I have dealt with both Scotty's and Gas Gas Dandenong, and for service and advice my money is now going to Scotty's.. I have only dealt with them over the phone from Albury, NSW but yer they were super helpful and quick..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 02-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Scotties .
I have not dealt with the other but I am sure they know what they are on about too.
I have ridden with Donny and he knows the gassers.You only have to ring them to work it out. If people from all over the country are using them then they gotta be doing something right.
Cheers Mark
2008 280 Raga replica
2012 Gas gas ec 300 E
Old 02-04-2012, 07:20 PM

scotties for sure.
dandenong is ok, but scotties are HEAPS better.
Scottie and Don REALLY know these bikes and are very helpful.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

I'm in North QLD at the other end of the country! I have used both my local dealer, and ....Scotties! I've never rang them but any requests via email are answered in detail and parts ordered are shipped quickly. My local dealer hasn't been selling GG for very long and doesn't really have the knowledge base to fall on which is understandable. They don't appear to mind me sourcing parts or info elsewhere so I'm happy with that too. I support them where I can.

When Scotties provides the level of service and information they do I feel its only fair to spend some of my coin with them. Definately know their bikes and are willing to share their knowledge with their customers.

Never dealt with Dandy so can't comment on them.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:07 AM

Default Jumped ship

Sorry fella's I have jumped ship.

I absolutely adore the new new GG's but after never having a 2 stroke & always wanting to "build" a bike I ended up buying an 08 YZ250. I figured I can build it up with all of the good bits & appropriate tuning for off road, that way I can have a weapon if I am happy or a bike that is easy to sell if I don't like it (& I would have saved $5K). I looked at all of the forums for hours and I went to the YZ based on a heap of opinions on TT / DBW, the great history that my mate has had racing 2 for the past 5 years, the huge range of after-market tuning / set-up options & that they can be bought so cheaply.

It should be a fun adventure, this "building" a bike is fun already.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator

Pretty sure I've had a read of your thread on DBW too. Enjoy the new ride. To be honest the Yamaha would have been my first choice back when I went 2T as well, cept us Qld folk don't get the option of rec rego which made me look elsewhere. If you ever get the chance to throw a leg over a well tuned GG its never too late to be impressed
Old 02-06-2012, 02:17 PM

You're right Jacobi. Thanks for your replies. Love your you tube clips and posts, lots of great info.