Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Gas Gas in New England

Ok I'm brand new here on the GG forum and a current KTM rider. A very well maintained 97 250 EXC with Marzocchi forks and Ohlins shock with linkage. The bike is dare I say very GG like compared to newer KTM's but heavy at 250lbs dry and although it still functions great I would like something newer and lighter for enduro use. I want the best "tool" for the job. A 300 most likely for me.

I'm really liking what I'm reading about the GG bikes for many reasons and it seems like almost the perfect New England woods bike......however. Where are the dealers up here? What are you N.E. GG riders doing for support and parts and where the heck can I go to really check out the bikes and possibly get a ride on one? I am not opposed to switching brands even though I've been on Penton/KTM forever and have one of the best dealers in N.E. not 10 minutes from my house. I like to be different and the GG bikes seem great. It would be a big switch for me and I have tons more questions but I'll leave it at that for now.

Thanks,

Skidad in MA

Old 12-27-2007, 03:19 AM

where in mass are you? I have acces to a 2006ec300,2000 200,2002 ec250and a 2005 ec250,buy one second hand,way cheaper as prices for used bikes are always low,that way if you dont like it,your not out the full price,I know of a used 05 200 that could be had for 1800.00 that needs very little to be perfect
Old 12-27-2007, 05:01 AM

Many parts cross over and those that don't can be got quickly by mail order. There's a dealer east of Troy, NY you might want to check out ? He's got a few '07 on the floor.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:46 AM

Morning guys,

I live in Medfield about 20 miles west of Boston. My KTM dealer is Cliff's Cycles. I think he should carry these bikes since there are no other dealers around.

No time now, off to work. More later

Skidad in MA
Old 12-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Even if you don't have dealer near by, you don't need one. You can get anything you need through the connections made right here. GoFasters has everything, and can get it to you fast. I'm sure you'd be very happy with a GG. I had a '97 KTM 250 EXC. That bike was long, tall, didn't turn, bottomed easily, and was ugly to boot. The Gas Gas is so nice, it sits low, feels light, it turns, it has great suspension, and the people in this community are the best.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 12-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
Even if you don't have dealer near by, you don't need one. You can get anything you need through the connections made right here. GoFasters has everything, and can get it to you fast. I'm sure you'd be very happy with a GG. ... The Gas Gas is so nice, it sits low, feels light, it turns, it has great suspension, and the people in this community are the best.
Ditto.

I get my GasGas parts, not that I need many, faster from GoFasters than if I went to my local Honda/Kawasaki/KTM dealer (too lazy to drive the 20 mi or I'd just plain forget to go.) The parts are on my doorstep in 2-3 days!
Old 12-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Look on gasgas.com for a dealer listing - it looks like there is a gasgas dealer 50 miles from you in holland.

jeff
Old 12-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
Even if you don't have dealer near by, you don't need one. You can get anything you need through the connections made right here. GoFasters has everything, and can get it to you fast. I'm sure you'd be very happy with a GG. I had a '97 KTM 250 EXC. That bike was long, tall, didn't turn, bottomed easily, and was ugly to boot. The Gas Gas is so nice, it sits low, feels light, it turns, it has great suspension, and the people in this community are the best.
Personally I love my 97 just not it's weight at 250lbs dry. I would disagree with you on almost all accounts as it's a terrific woods bike, especially for the terrain in which I ride. I also go faster than many riders on newer equipment (ego boost) and it's reliable as a rock. I also think it's a great looking bike and not boring like new KTM's. I like to be different and it's why I'm here gathering information on the possible switch to the GG brand.

Perhaps when I get a chance to ride a GG everything will change and it will elevate my riding to a new level. Everything I read about the bikes leads me to believe this could be true. Until then my 250 is all I have to work with and lots of questions for you guys.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:24 PM

Ken Law sells gas gas. I htink he is in RI. I believe he is a small part time dealer. He very involved in one of the local netra clubs

I agree with fury ... go used ... you can get some screaming deals on solid bikes.