Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Ohlins TTX upgrade

Helped Hasslebri upgrade his 2009 EC300 Sachs suspension to the Ohlins TTX shock and with Ohlins TTX cartridge Sachs fork upgrade last night and was impresses how easy the fork conversion was.

The Ohlins' set up instruction are very well written and the whole fork swap out with changing internals took less than an hour once a got the work bench set up.

There wasn't much daylight left by the time we finished but Brian did manage to get in four 5 minute laps on his "short enduro course" stopping at the end of each lap where we adjusted the "clickers."

Brian thought we got it pretty close with just a couple of quick adjustments and commented on how easily adjustable the suspension was without having to be locked in to any specific "valving" setup.

I'm sure he'll make a report here later.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist

Old 06-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

How much is the TTX shock for the Gas Gas?
Old 06-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Site Sponsor

pricey. i think $1100 ish?

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 06-03-2010, 07:52 PM

boy that sounds like sweet ride ...
pumped up 125, full ttx!!!
Pics!!! Where are the pics!!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 05:32 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Ditto , We need pics.

http://philipstewart.zenfolio.com
Old 06-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Site Sponsor

I'll grab some pics this weekend of the EC300 with the TTX suspension as Brian has a District 23 enduro here in Minnesota and the bike will be prepped and ready to go probably tonite.

The motor for his 125/152 is in the container ship with the rest of the GasGas bikes that are due in port anyday now. The 125/152 is going to be pretty sweet as the frame has been painted red.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:08 AM

oops got the bikes crossed up ...
get some ttx on that 125!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Site Sponsor

The 125 has the 45mm Marz. Shiver fork and the Sachs shock that has been done by Trail Tricks Suspension and is actually pretty nice.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:11 AM

Well after 3 rides and one race, I am impressed. My Sachs fork and shock had been revalved twice by Javier with no luck. It started too stiff and would not soak up rocks at all. Javier soffened it and now it would bottom on everything yet it still did not soak up rocks. I finally got fed up and had Mark w/ GoFasters order me a set of TTX. I was really skeptical on how it would work out of the box but after a few adjustments it is SOOO much better then the Sachs stuff it is rediculous. It is now plush, yet I could drop it off a building and it would soak it up without bottoming.

My last race was a sandy whooped out run that saw alot of 3rd to 4th gear 2 -3' sand whoops and lots of chop coming in and out of the corners. I was really impressed with how I could push the bike to the limit, hit practically anything and I had complete confidence in what the bike was doing. This is what I lacked with the sachs.

I will give a report after my next enduro. The next one will be completly opposite of the last. Hard pack and rocky.

I would be interested in what the Canadian riders think of their Nambo replicas as well. Now that I have ridden with the new ohlins, if I was in the market for a new bike I would for sure spend the extra coin on the Ohlins equiped gasser.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:24 AM

" Now that I have ridden with the new ohlins, if I was in the market for a new bike I would for sure spend the extra coin on the Ohlins equiped gasser."

Just had to add a big "Amen" to hasslbri's comments.

We had an Ohlins equipped '05 GG. Now riding an '08 300 with 'Zokes / Sachs both revalved by LTR.

Even though we're happy with Les's revalve and the suspension on the 300 works fine, it is just no comparison to the Ohlins bike. The "O" equipped bike was so much more connected to the ground under any conditions,
wouldn't deflect off of anything, plush in the technical stuff, firm on big hits, etc . .

We've been looking for a set of Ohlins forks for the 300, but maybe the TTX cartridges would work for us, too.