Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > Other GasGas Bikes/Quads

Other GasGas Bikes/Quads Trials, Pampera, Wild HP, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2013, 08:43 AM

Default KickStarting the Raga

So I finally got my 2012 Raga and was able to take it out for 1 day before the rain then winter mix hit. Great bike. Amazing handling. I can't imagine a trials bike being any better, except for the little kid sized kick start.

I know saving weight is key but they could have made the thing a inch longer and the added weight would have been mere grams. It works ok when everything is perfectly dry but get a little mud on your boots and it's almost impossible to stay on it. If they can't make it bigger they could at least add some traction knurling or something.

I hate the thought, but have considered cutting some groves in the back side where your boot hits it when kicking, parallel to the kickstart so it won't create stress risers. Or maybe even drill and tap a few holes and add some allenhead set screws like in footpegs or pedals.

I can deal with it the way it is but have to be really careful and slip off a lot of the time maybe getting 1 good kick out of 5 tries. And since you get such a short stroke with each kick that can take a lot of tires. But that was just with a little mud. If it was actually a muddy or rainy day it would be quite a struggle.

Does anyone do anything to improve this situation?