Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:21 PM

Default 2007 GasGas EC250 Six Days Edition

Hi guys,
I've had a few questions come my way regarding my ISDE bike. The bike is a 2007 GasGas EC250, but with some modifications. First off, this is a factory race bike, not available to the general public. The only way to get one is to race the ISDE or hope that an ISDE racer is selling the bike. The factory modifications are: Ohlins suspension front and rear, Magnesium swingarm and MC ignition/flywheel. It has the dual stage ignition like the other 07's. I'm also adding some other parts in order to make it ready for the ISDE. LTR is helping me out with parts, including a powervalve cover, water pump impeller, jet kit, chain guide and brake guard. BRP is helping me with a top triple clamp, SUB mount, Scotts stabilizer and bolt on post. A hyde skid plate/pipe guard will be added soon. Handlebars will either be Renthal, Pro-Taper, Moose or maybe the Fasstco Flexx bars. Spider grips will be used to help keep the blisters at bay. Other additions are a headlight, brake light, solid rear disk, oring chain and tire balls or Bib mousse tubes. Acerbis Multiconcept handguards protect my digits and a G2 ergonomics throttle tube will make sure my throttle tube doesn't break. Radiator guards/braces haven't been decided yet, though I may make my own similar to the ones on my 2001 EC200.

Here's a few pictures of the bike. The goodies will be added as I get them.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:24 PM

One more:

The rad braces on my 200:

A huge thank you goes out to:
-Jeff Dunham (our webmaster and an all around great guy)
-LT racing (best GasGas products you can find)
-Billet Racing Products (the triple clamps, stabilizer mounts and everything else are top notch - give them a call if you need a stabilizer setup)
-Investors Group
Old 07-07-2007, 03:06 PM

Nice looking bike.

Just remember that your handguards are now banned from FIM competition as of this year. No handguards that cover the ends of the bars are permitted.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyR View Post
Just remember that your handguards are now banned from FIM competition as of this year. No handguards that cover the ends of the bars are permitted.
What's the logic behind that ?! I can't imagine riding without that protection. I remember the old days of letting go of the grip for the split-second it hits the trees. lol.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:43 PM

Nice bike, very effective tool. I hope you and it do well at the ISDE.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:45 AM

Thumbs up

Looks like you've been giving her a good workout already. Nice bike. Look's like U also have the best in aftermarket improvements. Have U had to have your suspension tuned? What tires will U use? Wish I could see a pic of your custom rad guards from the front without the shrouds. Don't understand not allowing full handguard protection? That red maple leaf looks good on the black covers. Really exciting to follow your progress/achievements! Good Luck and plz. keep up with the great posts!
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 07-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyR View Post
Nice looking bike.

Unless I'm mistaken the handguards that are banned are the ones that attach directly to the top triple clamp. They're afraid that in a crash the triple clamp may be damadged.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist
Old 07-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Site Sponsor

SpeedyManiac

Be prepared to jet around the basic jetting provided by your LTR jetting kit. Although I'm a big fan of Les' kit you never know what type of fuel your going to get so bring plenty of jets. I'm sure Les will give you some pointers if needed.

Also be prepared to cut away some of the protection provided by the Hyde skidplate as you may need quick access to bolts that are covered by the complete unmodified skidplate.

Remeber to leave in place all chain and sprocket protection as the FIM requires them to be left in place. Make sure rear fender (or at least your dropdown license plate holder) sticks out further then your rear tire.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist
Old 07-08-2007, 07:36 PM

Looks like a fine setup. We'll be rootin' ya on to make us Gassers proud!
I bet you can't wait!
Old 07-08-2007, 11:36 PM

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm planning on modifying the Hyde plate as required to have quick access to everything I need. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to do my suspension. I will at the minimum rebuild them (new seals, fluid, etc) and make sure I have the correct springs for my weight. The valving seemed pretty good when I rode it on Friday, but I need more testing time to decide what to do about the suspension. The big thing is making sure it's set up for Chile, which will be different than the riding in the Kootenays.

Thanks again for the support guys. I'm stoked to be representing Canada, GasGas, LTR, BRP and gasgasrider.org. I'm going to try my hardest to make you all proud!

Steve