Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 07:09 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
For others info what is the correct procedure?
well when I went to my local dealer to talk about my non starting issues. He told me take it home and he'll figure it out with GasGas. I was told he was going to get a battery via warranty and would call me when it came in.

After talking with GasGas they want you to take the bike in and drop it off to be examined by the techs. Which I get, but sucks.. since my bike starts fine with the kicker and I can ride it. But now it's sitting in the corner at the dealer, ;(

Old 10-26-2017, 08:49 PM

OK, you win! I will go $7250, but not a dime more! You have to remember its a used bike with an issue. Plus you want have to worry about it any more it will be my problem!
Old 10-26-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbone View Post
OK, you win! I will go $7250, but not a dime more! You have to remember its a used bike with an issue. Plus you want have to worry about it any more it will be my problem!
Take the money and buy a Honda!
Old 10-27-2017, 08:32 PM

I picked it up today. They did a recall item unrelated, put a new battery in it, swapped some parts from another new bike to check things out. It works now, but there is a method to it. Kind of like the 18 KTM sx's that we see at the track. Push the button, walk away for 30 seconds, push it again, walk away for another 30 seconds, come back and it'll fire up. These li batteries need to warm up. I've had them in the past and understand the process. Never the less the bike works like it did when I got it.

Don't really know what the issue was, could've been as simple as a toast battery, although I did drain a lead acid as well. The tech said go ride it this weekend and let him know how it goes.

As a bonus one of my riding buddies was the tech, and took the time to re-jet my bike for me. Totally different machine..

I also took the time to actually install my rad guards. Hats off to BPD for an easy install and killer machined product. Fit was perfect and both sides mounted in 30 mins.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:48 PM

You should still sell it to Redbone, you might get a flat tire next!
Old 10-27-2017, 10:02 PM

"Push the button, walk away for 30 seconds, push it again, walk away for another 30 seconds, come back and it'll fire up. These li batteries need to warm up. I've had them in the past and understand the process."

I believe this process is antiquated and not applicable with newer/modern batteries. Let us know after a few rides if this is still the case.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwoodlief View Post
I picked it up today. They did a recall item unrelated, put a new battery in it, swapped some parts from another new bike to check things out. It works now, but there is a method to it. Kind of like the 18 KTM sx's that we see at the track. Push the button, walk away for 30 seconds, push it again, walk away for another 30 seconds, come back and it'll fire up. These li batteries need to warm up. I've had them in the past and understand the process. Never the less the bike works like it did when I got it.

Don't really know what the issue was, could've been as simple as a toast battery, although I did drain a lead acid as well. The tech said go ride it this weekend and let him know how it goes.

As a bonus one of my riding buddies was the tech, and took the time to re-jet my bike for me. Totally different machine..

I also took the time to actually install my rad guards. Hats off to BPD for an easy install and killer machined product. Fit was perfect and both sides mounted in 30 mins.
Did your bike crank over on the E-start but not fire?
Old 10-29-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arminhammer View Post
Did your bike crank over on the E-start but not fire?
yes, sometimes that was the case.. more often it just wouldn't crank over at all.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPhlipper View Post
"Push the button, walk away for 30 seconds, push it again, walk away for another 30 seconds, come back and it'll fire up. These li batteries need to warm up. I've had them in the past and understand the process."

I believe this process is antiquated and not applicable with newer/modern batteries. Let us know after a few rides if this is still the case.

With the Li batteries sometimes they need “warmed up”. If you have a headlight you can turn it on for the same effect.

I thought it was antiquated as well though. And only can be done in the cold. However none of my buddies have had to do this.

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 10-29-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadfield4wd View Post
With the Li batteries sometimes they need ?warmed up?. If you have a headlight you can turn it on for the same effect.

I thought it was antiquated as well though. And only can be done in the cold. However none of my buddies have had to do this.
these 18 ec's the headlight only comes on when the bike is running. I thought about that too. It seems to work more reliable now with that dance before warm up, but yesterday mid day it started not working again. That was when the bike was extremely warmed up. . Not positive what I'm going to do next. But obviously it's still not right.
Closed Thread