Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 12-11-2008, 04:06 PM

Default EE GG Tall Seat

If your like me, tall and hate the Stock seat then read on.

I talked to Enduro Engineering about making a tall seat for a GasGas. Alan told me if I would send him a seat then he would take a look @ it. I called GoFasters and talked to Mark. Mark said he would send them a seat and work w/ them on this. GoFasters is shipping me the seat now. I had the EE seats on my KTMs and loved them.

2 points here. 1. GoFasters truly supports us GasGas riders. 2. Buy this seat when it becomes fully available if you’re in need of a taller seat. GasGas isn’t exactly a Honda and when a company steps out and makes something for us then we should show them support.

09 Husaberg FE450
08 GasGas DE300
07 TM EN300
07 GasGas TXT Pro 280

Old 12-11-2008, 04:13 PM

Very cool ! My buddy's EE on his KTM is really nice.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:28 PM

I've had EE's on KTM's before and run SDG's on my RM's, all tall. If EE makes one for GG I'll buy one in a heartbeat.

2003 Gas Gas 250 EC
Southern Ohio
Old 12-11-2008, 08:41 PM

Alan is a great guy. He ended up sending me a 98 ktm tall soft foam that I modified to fit the 04 EC. It is much much more comfortable than the guts tall soft. I hope that they can come up with something of the shelf for the GG's.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:02 PM

Default tall seats

count me in, as well.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Cool! I talked to Alan last year about an EE seat for GasGas. Nice guy and he made a similar offer for me. However, I held off at that time and tried a Guts tall soft foam. The Guts was decent, but I will definitely buy a complete seat if they make one for our bikes. I would like a tall soft EE seat when available.

I'm glad GoFasters is helping out with this new request. Mark & Steve are great guys. Thanks!
Old 12-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Site Sponsor

On Mark's recent trip to Spain (last week) he worked out the details on getting all of the parts necessary (just the seat base and mounting hardware) to offer the complete 07-09 seat from Enduro Engineering.

In the past only complete seats (with foam and seat cover) were available from GasGas.

EE will be doing all of the assembly.

We anticipate that retail from your local GasGas dealer should be around $180.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist
Old 12-14-2008, 04:44 PM

WHat about those of us with bikes made earlier than 07? Will there be a part to fit our application?

2003 Gas Gas 250 EC
Southern Ohio
Old 12-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkyboy View Post
On Mark's recent trip to Spain (last week) he worked out the details on getting all of the parts necessary (just the seat base and mounting hardware) to offer the complete 07-09 seat from Enduro Engineering.

In the past only complete seats (with foam and seat cover) were available from GasGas.

EE will be doing all of the assembly.

We anticipate that retail from your local GasGas dealer should be around $180.
Awesome! Thanks for bringing this together.

To be honest, when I first seen $180 listed, I was ... then I looked up the stock seat assembly which runs about $160. So this is a fair price for an upgraded seat.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Site Sponsor

Hopefully over time we can get them made cheaper but for now this is the best we can do and still give the dealers who want to stock them some margin to work with.

By comparison I think EE gets about $130 for their complete seat assemblies but keep in mind that they are having their own bases made here in the states. For now we have to buy the stock seat and parts from GasGas and send them to Enduro Engineering who builds them and so on.....

Another idea we are working on is having a seat base exchange where we send the customer/dealer an Enduro Engineering seat and credit them for their old seat based on its condition. This might be able to save another $20 to $30 after shipping.

At this time Angrytim and ourselves will be testing the EE seat to see its reliabilty with the "thru the seat cover" mounting bolt.

As far as older seat assemblies go (06 and older) at this time we are only able to get them as complete units. But a similair exchange system might be possible.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist