Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Banned

Ok....Skidad first.
I don't want to give model breakdown numbers but it is over 300 units total.
On the 200...I have asked for a spec sheet with exact changes and differences but haven't gotten it yet. Since Spain is on another holiday, I won't have it for a couple of weeks.
Honestly the e start system looked similar to KTM but is arranged vertically rather than horizontally. The biggest issue I had w/ my KTM was the grease. Once you removed it and lubed it with something different, it seemed to work fine.
Our MSO will be a "plain" MSO likes KTMs except in states like NJ that require the Off road use only statement.
The 450 bothers me, not because of GG450 issues but because there is so much inventory out there with other brands. It simply isn't going to be possible to homogolate this unit. If I spent $50k to get 50 bike street legal, that add $1k to the cost of each bike. The numbers just don't work yet. I also think GG will go to a Yamaha 450 engine in the near future so then you start over with the cost. The orange street legal units started out strong but have now come to a screeching halt.
Europe does not understand our racing needs. The tanks on the GG's now are big enough for World Enduro type stuff but not for a 2 hour hs. Give me a year to do a little more volume and then I will ask for different features on our stuff. Last year I raced 22 weekends so I will have those frustrations, too and will be motivated to ask for them. When a distributor is selling less than 100 units here, he can't ask for those items. If that distributor is selling good numbers, he can ask for other items. I am sending a bike to Enduro Engineering and Bulletproof so they can build aftermarket things for them.
To be a new dealer, three bikes and $500 in parts. We have flooring, margins and will have bikes in stock. We have corrected all of the issues that dealers complained about under the other distributor. Ted is talking to Sheffield about retail financing. We have a small pricing advantage over the orange guys.
I think that got most of your questions. Did I miss anything?
Clay

Old 08-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank
you mentioned looking for riders in regional circuits, how would one place their name in front of you?
Dank,
I would prefer to have dealers talk to me about riders who they believe can sell bikes for them. If you know of someone who would be good, have him talk to a dealer.I know that is hard to do now since we don't know exactly who will be a dealer, so be patient.
Clay
Old 08-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclecat
I'm chomping at the bit to get them. Do you have an ETA for the bikes?
Cyclecat.
ETA is September 1st.
Clay
Old 08-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Banned

GMP,
I really don't know what to do about this issue. The bigger companies have not been able to figure it out so I don't think we have a chance at addressing this. Maybe there will be something with the direct injection bikes that will help us with emissions?
Clay
Old 08-08-2010, 08:21 AM

I personally would not bother bringing any 450 4T into NA. Not that the EC450 is a bad bike. It is not. As Clay mentioned, the 450 4T bandwagon is coming to a screeching halt. The market is saturated with 450s from Husq, KTM, Berg, Beta, not to mention the Big 4 Jap bikes. As a Husky and Husaberg dealer I can tell you that interest in 450cc + 4Ts is no where near where is was a couple of years ago. 250/300Fs are still selling well, but no one is that interested in the big bikes right now.

The only KTMs that are in demand are 250/300 2Ts so it only makes sense for GG US to order heavy on those as that is where the demand is today.

With Husky ignoring their WR250/300 and KTMs being in very short supply for 2011, GG has a huge opportunity to grab some new customers with the e-start EC250/300s.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:56 AM

thank you much! i was just curious as to how that was supposed to work.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:10 PM

Clay,
Thank you,, a clear MSO so far is good enough in Pa.. at least for now.. as soon as the wife gets a job I'm going to be looking at a new GG.. Have you talked to anybody in NE Pa yet to be a dealer,, like cycle playground in dupont?
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 08-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Banned

Cruiser,
Talked to John at Canyon. I think he's in eastern PA.
Clay
Old 08-08-2010, 08:10 PM

Streetable MSO would be great in NJ but I understand to problems. I had a dozen peopel asking for bikes until we found my 2010 couldn't be tagged in NJ. NJ enduros always need a tag since the begining. Inforcment is new and lowered numbers of racers greatly in last year or so.

Only question I've been asking everyone with reguard to Husky is they have their WR two strokes on the taggable list in NJ with zero emisions parts on board. No one can answer that question as most brands can't get their four strokes on the list.

Hopefully I can get an order to you quickly to be on the new dealer list and sell some bikes in these parts....

cheers,

Rick

2011 Beta 400 RR (sorry )
2010 GAS GAS XC 300
2007 KTM 200 XC
Old 08-09-2010, 01:56 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Clay if you can, States that require just a clear MSO.
Stamp the dreeeded sentence on the very bottom of the MSO. I am sure the dealers in states were the MSO are stampend are at a slight disadvantage.

ED
Closed Thread