Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Front Brake protection?

I'm back... off-road riding after 22 year break (ouch). I bought an 06 ec250 from a forum member and (the transaction was great! thanks pobit) I rode the bike for the first time yesterday WOW! It is kick-ass bike way more power than I expected or could handle. If it wasn't for that plush suspension I woulda ended up on my head a few more times than I did anyway I had a blast. I had a minor crash on pretty smooth ground and the front brake line broke at the caliper where the braided part turns into soild metal and that was the end of my day. I was real surprised that such a minor crash could DNF that bike. Does any one make a guard that would protect that line ? I can only seem to find rear brake guards.
Thanks

Old 09-16-2007, 12:42 PM

Welcome back to dirt biking. If you ride for the next 22 years you probably won't break another front brake line. There are a few folks making front guards, but the primary role of most is rotor protection. Here's a link to some various styles.
http://www.woodsracer.com/portal/rev...cat.php?cat=26
Old 09-16-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Welcome back to dirt biking. If you ride for the next 22 years you probably won't break another front brake line. There are a few folks making front guards, but the primary role of most is rotor protection. Here's a link to some various styles.
http://www.woodsracer.com/portal/rev...cat.php?cat=26
Thanks Dave, I hope your right & it's possible that wasn't the first hit that caliper & line took. But I'm going to buy or fab somthing to protect that spot & at least carry a spare line in the truck.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:35 AM

I bought a carbon fiber disk guard for a YZ250 off ebay. I had to make a bracket and add a hole to mount the guard on my '06 GG EC300. It does not appear to offer much protection for the brake line. However, it does a great job of keeping the rocks away from my brake caliper and rotor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Disk_guard.JPG (62.4 KB, 14 views)