Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Banned

Default AZ. camp wood enduro

Keep an eye for the only GasGas racing the event....besides AZRickD running sweeps!

Old 04-06-2014, 10:32 PM

I will be interested in how this shapes up.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2014, 12:08 AM

I'm mostly running the out-check to what I think is Test -3.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:50 PM
Banned

This was emailed to me by AZRickD, hope you don't mind me sharing?

After the dust cleared from the Arizona Trail Riders 2014 Sheridan Mountain Showdown enduro there was a new Sheriff in town and his name is Destry Abbott. The April 14th event held at Camp Wood, Arizona under permit from the Prescott National Forest was Round 8 of the AMRA/MotoCity Off Road Championship Series as well as Round 4 of the Flexx/SRT AMA Western Checkpoint Enduro Championship. The cross series promotion brought out riders from all over the Western States to do battle on the rocky forest trails of the Sheridan Mountain Smith Mesa OHV area.

Congratulations to Destry Abbott for staying focused and picking the right lines to take the Overall win with Jordan Brandt taking 2nd and Mitch Carvolth getting 3rd.

At the end of the day there were many tired racers but the positivecomments and grins at the scoring tent hinted that overall the event was a complete success. In the words of one veteran of past SMS races, the best Camp Wood race ever. The restart endurocourse had 7 Test sections for the As, 6 Test sections for the Bs and 4 Tests for the Cs. The 80 mile course was essentially one long loop ranging from 6500 to 3500 in elevation with Camp Woods infamous rocks challenging riders on every trail and at every turn. The course had three new trails which allowed the club to spread out the course so that there was only one section of the 80 mile loop that was ridden twice. This event has a history of being tough on the rider and their machine and everyone who participated, and especially those who completed the course, deserve a big round of applause, a pat on the back, and a frosty beverage for their efforts.

The Arizona Trail Riders want to say Thank You to AMRA, Westchec, all the riders who came to compete, and all the sponsors who support the AMRA and WestChec Series. We very much appreciate your support and hope to see you again next year.

Top 5 Overall

Destry Abbott

Jordan Brandt

Mitch Carvolth

Travis Epperson

Dustin Walcher

Chad Cooper C40+ 2nd place GasGas, 12th overall.

Unfortunatley my times suffered when I was stuck behind a flock of riders on what is known as, "3 Scott hill" because of the 3 guys named Scott helping riders on that hill. There was no way around and I had to be patient and hope I could make up lost time on the rest of the test.

I was the ONLY GasGas to run the enduro last weekend. So needless to say my bike did get noticed.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:20 AM

I ran your recommended jetting today in prescott desertgasser. It worked well, thank you.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgr View Post
I ran your recommended jetting today in prescott desertgasser. It worked well, thank you.
Glad it worked for you. How did you like the trails? A buddy and I are heading back up there the 22nd and 23rd. Im going to run him thru the C course.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2014, 01:51 PM

Here is Test 2 done by Cali's Ryan Kudla.

At the end you'll hear me barking the phonetic alphabet at the check out.

http://youtu.be/vwkuSfTJTG4
Old 04-19-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
Glad it worked for you. How did you like the trails? A buddy and I are heading back up there the 22nd and 23rd. Im going to run him thru the C course.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
We didn't end up going to camp wood. Rode some rough stuff in the Bradshaws instead. Forest trail 9416 I think was one of them. Charcoal gulch. Trials tire worked awsome
Old 04-21-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
Keep an eye for the only GasGas racing the event....besides AZRickD running sweeps!
I will be running my EC 300 in next season's AMRA desert series, so you won't be the only one with the competitive advantage....