Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byost View Post
Diggs, have you ever used a Tool Post mounted Radius Cutter? We have one in the shop I work in. It mounts to the Cross Slide and uses a single point Lathe tool and you"swing" the radius by hand. The radius is adjustable and the depth is changed by moving the carriage.I think this would be the hot setup for a manual Lathe.
Brian.
P.S. nice guard dog!
Hey brian

Im just learning at the moment and i have much to learn too , the last time i touched a lathe was when i was at school .
Im in dire need of some decent tooling but i need to earn some more pennies first , but a least its up and running and iv had chance to have a play
The dog is the mrs pet , or should i say baby , he is into anything that moves

Old 12-30-2012, 02:33 PM

how do you hold the head on a lathe?
do you screw an axle in the spark plug hole?
any other ways to cut a head besides on a lathe?
i'm going to get it done but want some info before i go to a machine shop and see what they suggest to do and how.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannesd View Post
how do you hold the head on a lathe?
do you screw an axle in the spark plug hole?
any other ways to cut a head besides on a lathe?
i'm going to get it done but want some info before i go to a machine shop and see what they suggest to do and how.
When i had mine done the guy screwed a mandrel into the plug hole then mounted the mandrel in the lathe chuck
Old 12-31-2012, 02:37 PM

All I know is I don't know. But I do know who does know. Fred Overstreet, FM Powersports, Decatur Ar. Fred explained the squish band info to me, which I quickly forgot everything he said. But he built me a 275 motor, ported for low end/midrange, set the squish, set the compression where I asked him too, (I have a problem kickstarting due to a bum leg, so I didn't want real high comp).

Best running bike i've ever ridden. Smooth, fast, torquey, no "hit", unless you would say the hit now starts at idle. I just told him what I wanted in motor characteristics and he made it happen. Fred is top notch, and he is also good at explaining the complications to an uninformed guy like me. I just wish I had remembered more of what he said.

Fred is "Fred1956" on this site. I think he has an ad in here somewhere?