Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:20 PM

Default Gasgas Ec cnc rear brake levers and kickstarts..

Anyone know who might make these if anyone . .

Just been out for a blitz and found that one of my buddys had these pimped out levers on his WR. Anyone know if any are available for the gassers...

...if not I might know a company that could make me some in a batch.... but i'd rather just buy one from someone else!! (saves all the bother and waiting araound!!)

Regards

Jonny Weston

Old 12-24-2006, 05:31 AM

Default CNC parts for GG

I'm half owner of a Haas VF3 CNC milling machine(you know the ones they contour mill the custom chopper wheels on TV's Jesse James from Long Beach and the Tuttle's from rural Orange County NYand the like- some of the shops have smaller machines and some have the VF4's which I think just have slightly larger table movement, but Haas seems to be THE machine to have) and the rest of the shop, manual lathes, mills, saws, MIG + TIG, oxy/acet is half mine too.

I walked away the situation few years back for family political reasons, but everything is cool now. The thing is, the only way you can make something like that worthwhile is to tool up and do a production run, but then you also have to have the market for the parts. I don't know if you mean just hand levers, or shift lever and brake pedal.

If you have a market for these items, I'd love to get some aftermarket GG parts out on the market, but you have to be pretty sure you(we) have a market before you tool up and start making pieces.

You might be better off finding a local machinist and seeing if he can turn out a one off hand made part for you that looks cool.

A running joke between my brother and I is this so called "Billet" craze. It's the people who know better that perpetuate it that are at fault. A billet of aluminum is similar to an ingot of steel. I'm no expert, but I've seen some that were 2'x4'x8'(approx). At best, what people call "Billet" is a part machined from a larger, solid piece of Aluminum, and at worst, a casting that has had the surface machined to have that close tolerance, one off part look.

I think the whole "billet" misgnomer started in the early days of custom cutting and contouring wheels before they had the prefab blanks to use. They'd take a large, squarish "billet" of metal and cut until it was a rough wheel, and then add the custom touchs. Cut from true billet then became simply billet until anything with pretty machine marks was billet.

Anyway, I tend to ramble. If we can get together on anything let me know.
Matt
Old 12-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The kickstarter can definitely be better - the arm has been redesigned recently and looks greatly improved - but the knuckle needs to be redesigned along with the arm to improve durability

. I have used a yamaha yz kickstarter and it looks like it was made for the bike. You can get a knuckle for a yamaha yz kickstarter and a billet kick arm from BBR motorsports. They are currently on closeout and very reasonably priced. They have a stainless steel insert where the arm rides on the knuckle pivot and the contact face. Very, very nice.

jeff