Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:55 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancp5 View Post
Hi Colin,

Good thanks but a bit limited by a broken finger at the moment. Should be all ok for the Welsh I'm hoping. How are you?

Well you know what it's like round here and the SEEC events. So the dilemma is 200 2T or 250 4T.
Ian, although i have only ridden this new 300 once, i still reckon its easier to ride than my 05 250EXC and that was a very nice bike for the SEEC. We have a loop in the forest here that includes a @1km sandy special test sort of circuit. It just seemed to go well on that, when every second counted, but as soon as we went back into trial mode, it lapped that up as well.

Seems to me you already have the 2 bikes everybody should have. I am still keeping my 06 450EXC that i bought new when i arrived here last summer, as there are some wide open spaces that the more relaxed and longer legs of the 4T take better. It would still be a big dilema over which to ride in a wet horrid Welsh

Old 05-10-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinmc400 View Post
Ian, although i have only ridden this new 300 once, i still reckon its easier to ride than my 05 250EXC and that was a very nice bike for the SEEC. We have a loop in the forest here that includes a @1km sandy special test sort of circuit. It just seemed to go well on that, when every second counted, but as soon as we went back into trial mode, it lapped that up as well.

Seems to me you already have the 2 bikes everybody should have. I am still keeping my 06 450EXC that i bought new when i arrived here last summer, as there are some wide open spaces that the more relaxed and longer legs of the 4T take better. It would still be a big dilema over which to ride in a wet horrid Welsh
For the Welsh I'm going 2 stroke. I tried the 450 last year and luckily it was dry. I remember when it was wet and Gerraint Jones had won the over 50's on a WR450. At the prize giving he said he would've preferred the 250 as the 450 was hard work in the wet. If he finds a 450 hard I think it says it all - I struggled to keep up with him when he was on a TTR125 once! Maybe I should get a 200 and just keep the 450 for trail riding but there's less and less every year. I definitely need something less powerful in the woods. The 300 is fine on tight going until you get tired then the torquiness just makes it worse - sometimes I get so tired I'm just trying to hang on and can't seem to control things. I rode a WR250F round a loop in the Hafren Forest and what I liked was I didn't have to think about the throttle, I just opened it and worried about the line. My test times have improved over last year but I seem to be doing worse on tight checks. Trying to get fitter too but breaking a finger knocked that back as well.

But as you can see not sure what I want.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:26 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancp5 View Post
Hi Colin,

Good thanks but a bit limited by a broken finger at the moment. Should be all ok for the Welsh I'm hoping. How are you?

They have their quirks but the Gassers get to you. They just seem that bit easier to manage than other bikes but have lacked the KTM attention to detail. I'm considering stepping down to a 200 sometime. I seem to be doing mostly tight woods events and a 300 is just overkill. Can't make up my mind if I want to move the KTM 450 down to a 250 4T. Might be better to do that and keep the 300 for the more open stuff. I marshalled at Bagshot test ground recently and even when I tried a fast lap I don't think I got past 1/4 throttle on the 450. Well you know what it's like round here and the SEEC events. So the dilemma is 200 2T or 250 4T.
Go for the 200 two-stroke!
Old 05-11-2007, 12:58 AM

Yeah they are a bit of fun. they only lack a bit of bottom end but its not too bad. if you know what you're doing you can make them work