Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:06 AM

Default Jetting help for my 12 300

Thought I'd better start my own thread as I'm jacking another at the moment.

I was told by gas gas uk they run
40 pilot
175 main
7 slide
N1ef top clip
1 turn out on as

My bike is a standard 12 race 300 but I've added one of power valve spacers from elvis on this forum.

I tried this setting and it wasn't too bad but not as good as my 09 which was smooth from bottom to top, my 12 a a mx type power .

I'd robbed the 40 pilot out of the 09 so had to go back to the stock setting , I raced at the weekend and stuggled with that , bottom quarter was fine , then it seemed to be bogging down and not want to get into the power without a handfull of clutch to get it going , then I was faced with too much power.

I've read good things about the nedj but can't get one as they are on back order in the uk , seems the ktm guys like them too
So I've gone with glens suggestion of a cek/cck , they should be here tomorrow with a bit of luck.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:45 AM

It sounds like you have one like ours. We've been all over the jetting map and can't make it/us happy. It's very frustrating, especially when others talk about having to tone theirs down.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:18 AM

Jan,

I should be in Crossfork mid-late afternoon on Sat. I have a pretty good needle selection I'll bring if you want to try some things.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:25 AM

I appreciate that Glenn. We'll be looking forward to meeting you.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs345 View Post

40 pilot
175 main
7 slide
N1ef top clip
1 turn out on as

My bike is a standard 12 race 300 but I've added one of power valve spacers from elvis on this forum.

I tried this setting and it wasn't too bad but not as good as my 09 which was smooth from bottom to top, my 12 a a mx type power .

I'd robbed the 40 pilot out of the 09 so had to go back to the stock setting , I raced at the weekend and stuggled with that , bottom quarter was fine , then it seemed to be bogging down and not want to get into the power without a handfull of clutch to get it going , then I was faced with too much power.

I've read good things about the nedj but can't get one as they are on back order in the uk , seems the ktm guys like them too
So I've gone with glens suggestion of a cek/cck , they should be here tomorrow with a bit of luck.
Did you put one on back order?? Should be 3 weeks out of Japan or something. You are right though, the KTM crowd like em.

Look forward to reading how the CCK works out for you.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:

40 pilot
175 main
7 slide
N1ef top clip
1 turn out on as

I have the same problem with my 12 300 estart. I've tried different needles clip heights and even got a JD jet kit. No matter what I do the bike runs like crap in the mid-range. It pulls good down low and screams on the top but flat out falls on its face in the mid. Hopefully that needle will work for you.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS537 View Post
I have the same problem with my 12 300 estart. I've tried different needles clip heights and even got a JD jet kit. No matter what I do the bike runs like crap in the mid-range. It pulls good down low and screams on the top but flat out falls on its face in the mid. Hopefully that needle will work for you.
What needles have you tried?? Is it all the time or only when the engine is under load?? How would you explain 'runs like crap'?
Old 07-25-2012, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
What needles have you tried?? Is it all the time or only when the engine is under load?? How would you explain 'runs like crap'?
If he is having the same issues as me its like the choke is on and it wont pull into the powerband without a jab of the clutch.
When i had a 40 pilot in and the needle dropped to number 1 it wasnt so bad
Old 07-25-2012, 04:02 AM

Hi Mr Diggs i got one of those RM needles from the states cost about 10 to 15 pounds

ive taken it out and put the old N1ed back in or N1EF ill check for you my bike runs better with that in ive got a 42 pilot and 178 main 1/34 on the airscrew clip pos 3

i just got fed up playing and just wanted to ride my bike is 03 300 but cant be to differant lol

hope this helps ya mate grant
Old 07-25-2012, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
If he is having the same issues as me its like the choke is on and it wont pull into the powerband without a jab of the clutch.
When i had a 40 pilot in and the needle dropped to number 1 it wasnt so bad
If it feels rich in the middle you might like the N3Ex/N3Cx needles. They are pretty lean and snappy in the middle which can make them a real handful though.

Grant, If you were using it in an older model bike particularly with the AS1 carb it might have been too lean on the needle diameter to give good response off the bottom. The different model carbs definitely require different jets.