Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:24 AM

Default Engine control sensor values, 06 450 fse

Hi, just found this forum today and looks quite good and I'm impressed at how much info is on here.

I have recently been having quite a few problems with my beloved gas gas and I feel I'm nearly working on it more than riding it. I have got it to the stage where it is hard to diagnose a certain problem. I have done all the normal tests with fuel and spark and they are fine. The bike starts ok but runs foul ( I'm guessing rich) which has made me question to input and outputs for the engine management system. I have been checking and cleaning all sensors. I am basically wondering if anyone knows values of resistance for throttle position sensor, air box sensor and temp sensor.

Look forward to hearing any input from the gasser community, thanks Carl.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:05 PM

Have you had it hooked up to the diagnostic software. That should give you some indication of sensor values etc? Also are you using the proper map and not the one which is used to pass emissions?
Old 02-11-2011, 03:43 AM

There used to be a lead that needs disconnecting. Not sure which models it was on but it did something to reduce power. You either connect or disconnect something and it runs a whole lot better and revs higher. Sorry can't remember which years and which wire but if you do a search it'll be on here somewhere. You should check this has been done on yours first. This is what Qui-gon refers to.

You could check the online engine manual for values. There isn't one for every year. I know there was one for 2003 and 2005. The 2006 engine is a little different but I would think sensor values are the same. I think the engine has been unchanged since 2006.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

The wire that has to be disconnected on the 06 is at the ecu which is located at the rear of the tank.It's quite obvious actually.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:08 AM

Cheers for the info guys. Turns out I was never really going to get to the end of the problem and there was no real point in finding resistance values either. I caved and took it to a gas gas dealer/mechanic. They plugged it in and ran the diagnostic test and found the tps was shot aswel as the coil and a couple of wires on the back of the computer. It ran really rich too but $650 later it's running fine, just hope it lasts, thanks again guys.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlslaw View Post
Cheers for the info guys. Turns out I was never really going to get to the end of the problem and there was no real point in finding resistance values either. I caved and took it to a gas gas dealer/mechanic. They plugged it in and ran the diagnostic test and found the tps was shot aswel as the coil and a couple of wires on the back of the computer. It ran really rich too but $650 later it's running fine, just hope it lasts, thanks again guys.
I hope that's Canadian dollars because it seems a lot if it's US.