Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:29 AM

Default Yet more temptation: '05 DE300 in Arizona

Howdy,

I'm not in a financial situation that would make it easy to buy a new-to-me bike, (Summer '08 for an '07 or '08 EC300 was my dream schedule). But this Arizona-based deal has just come up.

It is gently used by a very good trials rider who only rides this DE300 cross country to church on Sunday, rarely engaging the power valve. Pics look clean, and frankly, if my wife were to allow me the privilege of buying a bike right now, I'd rather buy it from a Zonie-in-need.

The listed price is $2950 and it comes loaded.

Please let me know what you think of this bike (EC vs DE; '05 vs '07), etc. I'll be 10 to 15 pounds heavy on the bike as sprung and I load up with lots of gear/tools. I ride tight, rocky (loose, rocky hill climbs), and need a very well behaved Gasser motor.

Naturally, my fellow Arizona riding "buddies" are taunting my $$ wimpishness (they tire of my wistful testimony of Gassers).

Pic of a very clean bike to follow.

Rick

Quote:
List of goodies:
LTR suspension rebuild/revalve- set up for 165lb rider (w/o gear)
BRP Triple Clamp with Scotts Stabilizer Mount
Moose Fat Bars
Clarke 3.2 Desert Tank
Moose Foot Pegs
LTR Chain Guide
LTR Jetting Kit
CRD Skid Plate
CRD Radiator Guards
BRP Shark Fin
FMF Turbine Core II
Moose 50T Sprocket
Maxxis IT rear/ SI front
YZ Kickstarter
Tusk Fork Savers
New Rear Fender
Lots of stock parts and accesories.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:07 AM

Buy it. I'm pretty sure the geometry is the same as the 07-08 and this is thes that half of a new bike with lots of goodies. These bikes last a long time and an 05 is nearly brand new in my book. In fact don't buy it and I will hook the trailer up to the WRX and make a run for Arizona. The 05 would look nice next to my 02

Paul B

I think you could update this bike to the one piece rear end and essentially have an 07-08.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:39 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
I think you could update this bike to the one piece rear end and essentially have an 07-08.

Yes you can. It has been discussed, do a search.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:44 AM

How will that DE-inspired motor compare to the more mellow EC?

The specimen:

Old 10-29-2007, 11:56 AM

DE motor is a little peakier, but this is easily solved with a flywheel weight.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post
DE motor is a little peakier, but this is easily solved with a flywheel weight.
Alrightie. Having ridden Girard's MC250 at 650 feet above sea level, I found my rear tire spinning more than I would have liked. His flywheel spun up and spun down faster than I'm used to. The DE flywheel and stator, etc aren't really as light as an MC, correct? Boomer's EC"275" was mo bettah in that area but his idle was up a notch so it didn't rev down as fast as I consider optimal.

No other significant differences?

Rick
Old 10-29-2007, 12:15 PM

The DE's have the same ignition and flywheel as the MC's. Tire spin also depends on gearing and a few other things too. Stator power output is less on the DE's than the EC's (tough to run full dual sport lights).

I honestly can't imagine wanting the heavier ignition and flywheel as both of my bikes (01 EC200 and 07 EC250 Six Days Edition) have the MC ignition/flywheel in them and they lug down plenty, especially my 250 with the dual stage ignition.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:41 PM

I've heard the FWW debate before and I'm not comming down on either side, except to say that I'm a sucky C-rider and we have rock, hill-like things.

If not a FWW, do the Gassers come with steel or aluminum clutch plates that can be swapped?

Also, the owner tells me that he posted his bike in the Classified section here as well.

Rick
Old 10-29-2007, 02:02 PM

G2 throttle setup should give you all the throtle control you would want. Buy the bike!
Paul B
Old 10-29-2007, 02:11 PM

The MC also does not have the 8 oz balance weight on the primary side of the crank, so the total MOA is lighter still. 250s spin up quicker than 300s as well. EC/DE the same except for the ignition. If you ever did want the big 2K-3 ignition I have one in a box I'll sell you. You will be quite happy with the 2K-2 and a small weight. Havn't we discussed this before?