Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 05-18-2015, 08:04 PM

Default Just Like Old Times

I've been recovering from a little racing incident from April...Moto related so I been feeling pretty good and thought it would be fun to get out and burn a little premix in the EC200. Meet a few of my bleeding Orange buddies out at Hollister Hill OHV for a ride this past weekend.

The trusty EC 200 hasn't changed much in the past decade so nothing new to report other than I've had re-springed the forks and shock, revalved the forks and full service on the shock. Nothing special on the fork revalve I had it set up for more aggressive riding. I have only rode it once and started out with base numbers.

Yesterday made made several clicker changes on the forks and right now I'm pretty happy with the performance considering their 43mm WP's.

One thing that continues to amaze me is just how much low to mid power the 200 has! Seemed like the rougher the trail was the more that motor shines! Very little clutch input, just twist the throttle and go! Short shifting the 200 out of a turn with deep acceleration bumps and it just pulls so effortlessly! I really fell back in love with my first love all over again!

My riding partners were on 01 KTM 200's EXC models. One of the bikes is modded pretty heavy, pretty much a 200SX top end, carb, pipe, and black box on the 01 bottom end, Munn Racing did his motor.... It's a rocket! That's the 478m bike. The other KToom is pretty much stock except for some upgraded 06 suspension.

This ride report is nothing new other than I've reacquainted myself with an old friend! In our group was a A Vet CC racer, B Super Senior and. C Senior CC racer, so we had a good mix of speed!

I'm really looking forward to getting more seat time back on the EC!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (126.7 KB, 55 views)

AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals

Old 05-18-2015, 08:27 PM

Here's another from the 200 fleet!
If Incould just figure out how to upload more from this I Phone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (127.6 KB, 43 views)
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 05-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
One thing that continues to amaze me is just how much low to mid power the 200 has! Seemed like the rougher the trail was the more that motor shines! Very little clutch input, just twist the throttle and go! Short shifting the 200 out of a turn with deep acceleration bumps and it just pulls so effortlessly! I really fell back in love with my first love all over again!
That's awesome Rick

She looks really good in that line-up; and so cool to have jumped back on her after a hiatus with a rekindle of that flame

I'm over due for a top end on my 200, need to get that knocked out so she's ready for next ~75 hours of ripping (or in my case, mostly plodding along...lol).
Old 05-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Rick, what mods have you made to the motor (if any)

I picked up a low-time 09' 200.

Maybe later in the year we can ride on the other side of the sierras

J
2007 Beta Rev 3 270
2007 KTM 200 XC Wife's

Public Lands belong to the Public
Old 05-19-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by husley View Post

I picked up a low-time 09' 200.

Maybe later in the year we can ride on the other side of the sierras

J

Not much really, just squish, timing & pipe took a little bit out of the head pipe section, which has the same effect as a oversized PV cover.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, that the BEST PIPE for a 200 is the Messcio! I've tried a Doma & FMF and nothing can compare to the Messico.

I may be headed to Elkins Flat this weekend for a day ride with the 2honey! Let me know! We can link up!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

Old 05-19-2015, 04:03 PM

[QUOTE=liv2day;152770]That's awesome Rick

She looks really good in that line-up; and so cool to have jumped back on her after a hiatus with a rekindle of that flame

I'm over due for a top end on my 200, need to get that knocked out so she's ready for next ~75 hours of ripping (or in my case, mostly plodding along...lol).[/QUOTE

Mine is due as well. In fact I need to do a big end rod bearing and crank bearings to. This may sound crazy, but the cases on this bike have never been split! Thats a crap load of time on that motor!!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

Old 05-20-2015, 11:34 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
husley - one of the best things I did for my 200 (and then subsequently my wife's 200) was sending the head to RB Designs. Made jetting a BREEZE and increased fuel efficiency a ton.

Other than that, the only other thing I've done is changed the gearing (running 12/52 as I'm slow and ride lots of tight stuff). Oh yeah, I also added the Flexx bars and my wrists/elbows/shoulders thank me every single time I ride .

No intention of hijacking your thread Rick, just wanted to throw that out there
Old 05-20-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2day View Post
husley - one of the best things I did for my 200 (and then subsequently my wife's 200) was sending the head to RB Designs. Made jetting a BREEZE and increased fuel efficiency a ton.

Other than that, the only other thing I've done is changed the gearing (running 12/52 as I'm slow and ride lots of tight stuff). Oh yeah, I also added the Flexx bars and my wrists/elbows/shoulders thank me every single time I ride .

No intention of hijacking your thread Rick, just wanted to throw that out there
Hijacking is cool when it helps answers questions.....

One of the other areas I've played with this different base gaskets / port timing. Yes, it a pain to tear it all down and swap out gaskets..... you never know results until you try.

I'm running a set of carbon reeds currently...from Boyesen...I'd have to check the pn#, but I think the GG and Honda CR250 use the same reed cage....so there is a ton of choices to choose from.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

Old 05-20-2015, 02:51 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Hijacking is cool when it helps answers questions.....

One of the other areas I've played with this different base gaskets / port timing. Yes, it a pain to tear it all down and swap out gaskets..... you never know results until you try.

I'm running a set of carbon reeds currently...from Boyesen...I'd have to check the pn#, but I think the GG and Honda CR250 use the same reed cage....so there is a ton of choices to choose from.
I hopefully get to ride it for the first time later this week. I suspect (although I could be wrong) I will want to move the powerband down low via squish and A PV Cover

RB Designs-this is a strong maybe.

Thanks to all

J
2007 Beta Rev 3 270
2007 KTM 200 XC Wife's

Public Lands belong to the Public
Old 05-20-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
I hopefully get to ride it for the first time later this week. I suspect (although I could be wrong) I will want to move the powerband down low via squish and A PV Cover

RB Designs-this is a strong maybe.

Thanks to all

J
Keep in mind I have the 2k3, heavy flywheel, yours may be different, 2k2 and different black box? If I remember correctly, the thinest base gasket GG offers will alter the port timing, thus producing slightly more bottom to mid while loosing topend. So, you might want to check your base gaskets when doing your squish measurements.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S