Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:00 PM

Default gas gas for mx?

I am a middle aged b level rider who has done some mx, my son used to race so I was there and thought what the heck I'll give this a go. He gave up on the mx and so I use the bike for more woods riding. I am thinking about selling my husky 250 4t and getting a 2t.

The gg's look pretty nice and few deals around on the 11's. I would still like to do the odd mx and go to the track for some practice. Could a 250 6 days handle the track? Keep in mind I am not clearing 75' doubles. I do hit some pretty decent jumps but like I said middle aged and have to go to work Monday so I aint going to be whippin it like a 18 year old. I would probably get a number plate to replace the headlight for mx weekends so I don't look like a complete noob but can it honestly handle the track or would a ktm xc be a better way to go?

Old 01-13-2012, 06:20 PM

If you wait and get a 2012 race with the 48cc forks you will be happier.

Another great choice is a KTM 250sx. Great in woods and on track.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:22 PM

I have the 2010 GG 300 and ride it way more on the MX track than the woods. I'm no pro or racer but I have a ball with it on the MX tracks. I let one of our club A level riders make some laps on the MX track and he was flying on it. Came back and said " wow I forgot how much fun a 2-stroke is and this thing turns and lays down great power". So yep it can be done. BTW my bikes suspension is stock so if you set it up for MX all the better.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:26 PM

I just had my 11 300 on a mx track sat for the first time before a hare scramble on sunday in alabama. Compared to the rmz450 i used to race enduros on it inpressed me. Im 270lbs and with my woods set up i was clearing sum decent doubles and other little stuff with ease. Nothing of course i would wanna do it all the time w but no biggie. The gasgas turns so good its nuts. It will do fine as long as u dont have a super soft set up for woods.