Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:03 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven
Default What really happened at redbull minas riders?

Anyone know what exactly happened to cut the race short?
The official reports seem pretty politically correct and range from additional risk assessments required by the police to then changed to torrential rains.

There are a lot of comments on Facebook that are indicating all sorts of reasons (but that might just be google translate!)

Old 05-22-2017, 12:05 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

That aside. Some of those sections looked hectic And the way Cody Webb was riding it looked like it was going to get interesting

And the way taddy (roving commentator) rode some sections, I suspect he may shift his retirement in this direction??
Old 05-22-2017, 06:58 AM

Unhappy

It was due environmental licences issues
Brasil!
Old 05-22-2017, 09:45 AM

It seems very suspicious that everything was good for two days of racing and then all of a sudden super serious "environmental issues" cropped up and required that the race be stopped. It was a big event for the area and I am sure would have been bringing in huge dollars to the local economy. There has been speculation of various forms of corruption? Who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if that event is permanently dropped by Red Bull.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultzy View Post
It seems very suspicious that everything was good for two days of racing and then all of a sudden super serious "environmental issues" cropped up and required that the race be stopped. It was a big event for the area and I am sure would have been bringing in huge dollars to the local economy. There has been speculation of various forms of corruption? Who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if that event is permanently dropped by Red Bull.
I doubt it will be dropped (Although possibly moved to an adjacent country) as I have heard there are land access issues cropping up in Romania that may ultimately end the rb romaniacs and then this would take over (all interweb gossip nothing confirmed)