Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:27 PM

Angry gasgas 2004 end f@@k idle

Hi i have read all post about idle adjust i have dj blue needle on 3 from top end pilot 38- 42 main 180 tuning with egt gauge but i don't have idle stable idle , with 38 pilot start easy but its lean end the idle its no stable,
the rpm screw if turn out the idle drop down end after 1 turn out start to going high with 42 need the air screw to be in all with idle very high if i try to reduce the idle its stable for 1 second and after shutdown .piston new , heed piston clearance 1.2 mm reeds new jacobi its time for ca rb swap with keihin pwk air strike 2 or mikuni tmx

Old 06-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

The ASII is harder to jet than the original PWK from all I have read, and there must be a reason people do a mikuni to keihin conversion all the time.

In my experience the best way to set the idle up on these bikes is to visually set the idle screw while looking through the throat of the carb (from the rear). You only want a couple mm of gap under the slide. From here set the air screw at 1.5 turns out and cycle through pilots until you find the one that works best. I'm also lead to believe the slides with the notch in them are easier to set up the idle, where as if you have one without it will be much more touchy.

My idle adjuster is very sensitive. Its only a half a turn between the bike not idling, settling into a nice low idle, and having the idle what feels to be too high.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:29 PM

My 03 250 wont idle with a JD blue in the 3rd clip its too rich no matter what pilot I run, with the red it idles ok but not great.
Try the JD red needle with the 42 pilot... its leaner on the straight section, I bet the straight section is too rich on the needle and its pulling over idling off the needle not the pilot circuit which makes it inconsistant and hard to adjust.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
My 03 250 wont idle with a JD blue in the 3rd clip its too rich no matter what pilot I run, with the red it idles ok but not great.
Try the JD red needle with the 42 pilot... its leaner on the straight section, I bet the straight section is too rich on the needle and its pulling over idling off the needle not the pilot circuit which makes it inconsistant and hard to adjust.
Which links back to what I was saying above about setting the idle srew and slide position. If you are pulling over the slide will be well raised (idle screw turned in a lot). I have had best results using a leaner diameter needle with a bigger pilot than vice versa but not knowing the earlier models or having any experience with them, or your location, I'm hesitant to give any specs.

I also found that my bike wouldn't idle with a F diameter needle. A G and 38 pilot would just. 42 and J is the money for me.