Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

Old 12-13-2013, 07:41 AM

Yamalube 2R, only because I had a couple quarts here that were given to me. I think I am switching to something that burns cleaner once this is all gone.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:20 AM

Another note about the Motul 800: It comes in offroad and streebike specific formulas. I don't know if they are the same basic formula, but the street version has a lower viscosity for use in oil injection systems.

FWIW: the Motul 710 is also approved for use injector systems, but only it only comes in one version.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:09 PM

It may be sacrilege but I've been using this stuff in saws sleds and bikes for 15 years
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1386979709479.jpg (30.9 KB, 83 views)
Old 12-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I have been having good luck with Klotz R50. I have been using it for about 4 years now and during top end checkups / freshenings I am impressed at the significant oil film on all of the parts and the effort needed to clean it off. I have not found comparable oil films using Yamalube, Golden Spectol, Mobil MX4 and Redline Waterpumper. It smells great too!
Old 12-18-2013, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman View Post
I have been having good luck with Klotz R50.It smells great too!
The smell of 2stroke oil is very important but the oil I smell is whatever the guy in front of me uses - Now if I could just get those dudes to use Klotz I'd be happy, happy, happy.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:19 AM

What a mine-field. I almost regret reading all this !

If there's anything here that applies to me and my useage it would be the fact that Motul 710 looks a great oil to suit my 'lugging' type of riding without getting lots of spooge. Which I get a fair bit of using Putoline MX5.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfourate View Post
What a mine-field. I almost regret reading all this !
I opened this can-o-worms...once. The lid is still off

__
Old 12-24-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench View Post
After reading these posts [and other forums over the years] I decided to make a change.
I had great results for many years with Motul 800 [50:1] in my Yamaha. Upon switching to KTM & Gas Gas I began to notice spooge drip line running down the length of the silencer. It was actually worse with my Gassers than the KTM.

Last year I switched to Redline [50:1] and the results were much better but still developed more spooge than I liked. The Motul 800 developed so much that it actually would drip off the silencer onto the swingarm. The Redline mix was better but still dripped about halfway down the silencer and was thick enough to be difficult to clean off.

So, for this last weekends ride I made the switch back to Motul but the 710 [based on some posts here] at the same 50:1 ratio.

After 2.5hrs of a mix of single track and fast double track, I had ZERO spooge running down the silencer.

I will note that I had less "smoke time" on warm up and when hard on the gas out on the trail with the 710 than I did with either the 800 or Redline. Throttle response seemed better and power/torque delivery "felt" stronger.

The "non existent" spooge tells me that it is indeed a "cleaner" burning mix. I will keep an eye on things to make sure that it is the case and not a situation that is actually too lean. I think I will stay with this one for a while since one ride may not be a sufficient test.

FWIW that is my 2 cents.
Im 'hoping' using 710 will give me the results it did for you. Sounds very positive........

Ive just bought some today after alot of reading-up. Just need to get rid of the pre-mix thats already in the tank now so i can start afresh.

Have you done any plug-chops etc to see if you were running lean, or if the new oil had any effect on mixture as-such ?
Old 12-24-2013, 09:30 AM

would you ride semi synth scoot oil, wich has the same specs as other non-scoot oils?
or allways fully synth oil?

i don't really wring the neck off of my 200,but not pampering her either...
Old 12-24-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannesd View Post
would you ride semi synth scoot oil, wich has the same specs as other non-scoot oils?
or allways fully synth oil?

i don't really wring the neck off of my 200,but not pampering her either...
Either one is fine for dirt biking but synthetics can handle a wider heat range and thus can be used at higher mix ratios. As a general rule 43/1 (2.3%) is the highest mix ratio I use with a semi-synthetic, 32/1 (3.1%) max for non-synthetic and 75/1 (1.3%) max for full synthetic. Note[ never use a mix ratio higher than that recommended on the bottle of oil you use.