Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Classified Advertisements > Used Bikes

Used Bikes Used Bikes For Sale - No Part Outs

Old 01-24-2020, 04:24 PM

19 years ago I went with money in hand to buy a new Pampera from the Trials Training Center. I was riding trials at the time and thought it would be the perfect bike to mix trials and trails. It may be if you go slow on the trails and don't mind compromising your trials performance because of the extra weight. I didn't like it - the suspension wasn't up to moderate tail speed and it had a trials motor. Later models may be different but back then it meant that it had very high compression and was hard to kick over to start and it also had trials gearing. The 1st 3 gears were very close together with a huge gap to the higher gears. Stock gearing was too low to ride singletrack in the lower gears and most often too high to use the higher gears. I ended up going home with a used 1999 ec200 that was a great bike. I have since ridden both the KTM freeride and the Beta xrtainer both of which are mentioned in the same breath as the Pampera. The pamp and the freeride don't do anything particularly well but can do trials better than the Beta because they both have a much shorter wheelbase. Beta knocked it out of the park with the xtrainer - everyone who has one loves them. It is very close to my 2011 gasser and I think GG would have sold every Ranger they could produce had the continued.