Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 12-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter007 View Post
That looks like damn fine terrain to ride, gentlemen. I appreciate the fact that you can pretty much ride it all...Tight & twisty, open and fast. Does it ever rain?

We are lucky, hopefully it remains that way. Within a two hour radius of Sydney there is a huge amount of trail riding areas open to registered bikes.

The soil is sandstone through to loam but is generally pretty shallow over a clay base so once wet takes a while to dry in the deep forest and gets waterlogged after just a couple of inches.

I've got mates that road in the uk and Europe and couldn't believe how much water the soil could take over there.

Most coastal areas get 40 to 60 inches of rain a year in the mid latitudes, Jacobi up north in he tropics probably gets more over a 6 month period, we have just had the driest July to November in a long time which has dried the temperate rain forests around here out after 3 very wet years and we are very worried about fires this year.

It's probably like everywhere, it's totally different when it dries out and the dust is the major problem, and the rising speed.

Cheers.

Current. 2015 ec300r estart, 98 RM 125

2013 Ec300r 2011 Ec300e 2009 Husky TE310
1982 XR500 Honda 1981 KE100 Kawasaki
1978 GT80 Yamaha

Old 12-04-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo737 View Post
I live there until 21/12 then moving to Matcham. It's an amazing riding area, but very different to watagans, cessnock, lithgow etc, there's endless wide open hills, more hills and some other hills, plenty of single but not as tight and long as the stuff that follows the roads at watagans etc. some hills are the hardest I've seen, like cabbage tree and sprocket hill before they graded it. Similar to behind the mx track at zig zag but longer. And that red clay is like an ice rink when wet, we had a blown shoulder and a broken wrist hear on a 2 hr ride in the wet two weeks ago.

I know it ok but you need one of the human GPS units that reside out here, which can be arranged, I'll keep you posted.
I grew up near Clarencetown, parents owned a property backing onto Uffington State Forest before it became National Park and they f'ed it. That was way before I was licensed and while
I knew Uffington well then it's a pretty boring place to ride for anyone with ability so i probably wouldnt go back. Seen a few different videos of people riding Dungog and Barrington and it looks like good riding.

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC
Old 12-05-2012, 12:19 PM

Part 2 of my last ride

http://youtu.be/K48rWUlQfY8?hd=1
Old 12-06-2012, 05:39 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_green View Post
I grew up near Clarencetown, parents owned a property backing onto Uffington State Forest before it became National Park and they f'ed it. That was way before I was licensed and while
I knew Uffington well then it's a pretty boring place to ride for anyone with ability so i probably wouldnt go back. Seen a few different videos of people riding Dungog and Barrington and it looks like good riding.
Wow, Claro.. you probably would know half the guys I ride with, I'm a blow in up here, married a local girl..her family has been farming around Dungog for 180 years. I've seen bikes going into uffington but never ridden there myself, it's just too easy to ride around Dungog.

Nice vid btw, that's some awesome single.

Current. 2015 ec300r estart, 98 RM 125

2013 Ec300r 2011 Ec300e 2009 Husky TE310
1982 XR500 Honda 1981 KE100 Kawasaki
1978 GT80 Yamaha
Old 12-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6hIz0_naxc

Some old stuff. Braap Braap TE300 and EC250.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:39 PM

My latest ride. Some very very nice terrain to ride. Definitely aided my decision to go spend some coin on the suspension after the new year, my body was shattered, the Sachs front is brutal on those rocks especially when hot!

Check out the jetting, Was clean at idle then immediately broke into a rich burble pretty much everywhere except above 2/3 throttle where it cleaned up and ran nice.

Still love this bike though

http://youtu.be/HKAmazMmU0A

http://youtu.be/YWqzVge54co
Old 01-04-2013, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Heres my latest effort!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FJbC-CNyRg

Make sure to up to 480p - still pretty average video. Humidity and rain was causing issues, along with wind noise/vibes. I'm not a real fan of the drifts light correction either. No where near as good as the gopro.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:16 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Heres my latest effort!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FJbC-CNyRg

Make sure to up to 480p - still pretty average video. Humidity and rain was causing issues, along with wind noise/vibes. I'm not a real fan of the drifts light correction either. No where near as good as the gopro.
Nice work mate,
You guys are bloody lucky to have that to ride.
I should move up there.
Cheers Mark
2008 280 Raga replica
2012 Gas gas ec 300 E
Old 01-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

We strung together an epic loop yesterday that essentially did a big circle around my house. It was grouse. Started off with about 20km of fire trail to warm the bikes up and get the mind in the right place. Into pine forest singles. Wet roots, mud and pine needles everywhere was like riding on ice. This continued for several kms. A short scoot up a seal road thats not in service to the start of the next section. Dropped into some new singles and pushed 20kms through the virgin land Scrubby terrain, washed out gullys, cattle tracks and just enough trees close enough together to keep you honest. Bit more dirt and then followed a train track back towards civilization (if you could call it that). Tied up another 3km of rd to dirt again and then dropped into a nice sandy burmed up woopy track that ran back towards the pub. This is always a good thing. Refuel for me and the bikes at 85kms just shy of lunch. The afternoon loop was then just down the road in the other direction which included much more rain, red clay, roots, trees, and more of that. Visibility was about as good as the traction was! The fun level was astronomical though. Finished up the day completely shattered at 140kms back at the pub again. A great group of riders who all kept a cracking pace all day. I'm sure we could have knocked out the whole loop before lunch if we hadn't of spent so much tme sitting around gas baggin. Can't wait to do it again!~
Old 01-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

You should plan a weekend riding up here some time. I reccon I could get you all a pretty decent price on a DRZ tractor for the weekend. The more the merrier! Free camping at the local pub too! not to mention pleanty of cheap tourist accomodation down in Cairns.