Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:41 AM

Default Rear brake rotor bolt clearance

Anyone else notice that the 8mm bolts on the rear brake rotor come within about .025" of hitting the caliper bracket when they spin by at 1,000 mph? I have a '10 EC300.

I did, and instead of trying to make an additional spacer to fit between the caliper mount and the wheel bearing spacer I just switched the rotor mounting bolts from the front rotor to the rear.

The bolts on the front are these wonderful little low profile torx heads and when moved to the rear give you much more clearance between the caliper mount and the bolt. I suppose I could have went to the hardware store and bought new torx bolts, but this was free.

On the front the only clearance issue presented by moving the 8mm up there is the plastic fork guard. I took mine off and shaved 1/4" off the very bottom where the bolts on the rotor pass by it. Now I can sleep at night.