Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Riding Techniques & Training

Riding Techniques & Training Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:35 PM

I don't eat much fat. Chicken and fish mostly. Red meat maybe once every two weeks. No dairy except a splash in my coffee in the AM. No fried stuff, no fatty snacks. Omega 3 with every meal. Not perfect, but not bad either. Its practical considering my hectic family lifestyle. I also train hard, real hard. I'm under 180lbs. Lipitor turned a multi black belt Jujitsu instructor I work with into a shadow of himself that now walks with a cane from the muscle damage in his legs. No thanks, I'll take my chances. That class of drug was conceived for post heart attack treatment, then they figured they could make a fortune if everyone was on it. I need to find another doctor, this guy loves to write tickets for EVERYTHING. Then again, today most people are lazy and want quick easy answers and a pill to solve their problems.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:41 PM

Been Paleo for over two years. This is the best thing you can do for yourself.
You can stay lean have energy and gain muscle mass very quickly.
My Doc said I was crazy until she saw my blood markers after 3 months.
Google
Robb Wolf
Mark's Daily Apple
Art Devanny he hasn't eaten a grain in over 30 years and is 73 years old 208lbs and 8% body fat.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:15 PM

How did your blood tests go?
Old 02-17-2013, 07:25 PM

Don't have the paper work handy but what was supposed to go up went up and what was supposed to go down went down.
I'm also off blood pressure pills I was to be on for the rest of my life.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
I don't eat much fat. Chicken and fish mostly. Red meat maybe once every two weeks. No dairy except a splash in my coffee in the AM. No fried stuff, no fatty snacks. Omega 3 with every meal. Not perfect, but not bad either. Its practical considering my hectic family lifestyle. I also train hard, real hard. I'm under 180lbs. Lipitor turned a multi black belt Jujitsu instructor I work with into a shadow of himself that now walks with a cane from the muscle damage in his legs. No thanks, I'll take my chances. That class of drug was conceived for post heart attack treatment, then they figured they could make a fortune if everyone was on it. I need to find another doctor, this guy loves to write tickets for EVERYTHING. Then again, today most people are lazy and want quick easy answers and a pill to solve their problems.
Just tell the doc "no." It's your body. When I wanted to lower my cholesterol I just googled what to eat, and almonds was the easiest to add and cheese easiest to remove (but I still love me some smoked gruyere...). It can be done, just find what works and stick with it.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:31 PM

Thats exactly what I did.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Banned

Not to mention all the waste/weight you will lose cleaning out your intestions and bowels. Pretty gross and makes you wonder how many years ago it was you swalled that piece of gum??
Old 02-18-2013, 05:41 PM

That's very likely,

Done correctly, the new Paleo guy will eventually find a way to replace all those grains and beans with veggies (and yams). Preparing them correctly, and flavorly is the key. No need to eat what you don't like. You're giving up a lot of "comfort food." Make it easy on yourself.

That being said, don't eat a big hunk of meat at meal time. Protein should be a modest minority of all you eat. Lots of veggies, covered in butter or olive oil, and garlic and spices of course.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post

That being said, don't eat a big hunk of meat at meal time. Protein should be a modest minority of all you eat. Lots of veggies, covered in butter or olive oil, and garlic and spices of course.
Sure if you call 1to 2 pounds of meat a day a small amount.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:59 AM

Google "protein per day" and you will find estimates of .5 to .7 grams of protein per kilo of body weight. That's just several ounces of meat per day.

16 oz of top sirloin = 843 calories which includes protein and fat. Another 700 calories in veggies and starch and you are good for the day.