Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:05 PM

Default Water pump Question

I'm putting my engine together after splitting the cases. I believe I may be missing a c-clip on my water pump shaft. Is there supposed to be a clip on the water pump shaft that keeps it from pushing thru the case bearing? I don't remember removing it.

Once the impeller is screwed on to the shaft, I guess it would keep the shaft positioned? There is a groove on the shaft for a clip, but I don't remember taking one off, didn't need to take it off, and I can't find it laying around anywhere.

Josh

Old 04-28-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyellard View Post
I'm putting my engine together after splitting the cases. I believe I may be missing a c-clip on my water pump shaft. Is there supposed to be a clip on the water pump shaft that keeps it from pushing thru the case bearing? I don't remember removing it.

Once the impeller is screwed on to the shaft, I guess it would keep the shaft positioned? There is a groove on the shaft for a clip, but I don't remember taking one off, didn't need to take it off, and I can't find it laying around anywhere.

Josh
Hi Josh
I just took mine apart the other day, and there is no clip. My thoughts were the same as yours. When I took the impeller off the shaft, the shaft could be pushed thru the bearing - dont know how far in it can go though - didn't dare trying.

How do you by the way fasten the bolt for the impeller again? Doesnt the shaft turn when you fasten the impeller?
Old 04-28-2009, 06:59 AM

Just stop the flywheel from turning and you can acheive the specified torque on the impeller screw. I also used the mild loctite on this screw and pretty much every screw.

I went ahead an assemble everything, but the missing clip has been eating at my conscience. Thanks for the reply, now I can quit worrying about it.

Josh
Old 04-28-2009, 07:01 AM

To clarify..

As you mount the impeller, it pulls the shaft into position so that the gear on shaft meshes with the gear that drives it. At this point it will not rotate without rotating the crank.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyellard View Post
To clarify..

As you mount the impeller, it pulls the shaft into position so that the gear on shaft meshes with the gear that drives it. At this point it will not rotate without rotating the crank.
Thanks for the explanation Jyellard. Do you remember what torque it takes to fasten the impeller enough? I will use mild locktite as well. Everyting falls apart on this shakin 2stroke without locktite compared to my Honda XR650R where there is no vibrations.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:44 PM

just go on Gofasters and look at the parts microfiche , it will tell you if theres supposed to be a clip
Old 05-03-2009, 10:38 PM

6 Nm.

I found a link to the Service manual here on the forum. I don't know how to post a link but searching for service manual should turn up the link. If I remember correctly, the link is to the GasGas website. Also a search for splitting cases or engine rebuild should show some informative links on engine rebuilds. Some of these use yahoo or google translation tools.

I've mostly been using the service manual.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:42 PM

I hope this works.

http://www.gasgas.com/manuals/ec_shopmanual_06.pdf