Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent View Post
Bike year & model ='19
Temperature (degF) =53
Elevation (feet) =900
Main jet =175
Pilot jet =42
Needle & notch =NECW
Air screw setting =1 1/2
Throttle valve/slide =Standard(I didn't look )

When I got the bike new it had an N1ef needle in it and the sucker was very fat on the last 1/4 of throttle when rolled on from from low speed in top gear.

I've since changed to NECW and left the jetting the same, went out today and down low the bike feels substantially "crisper/responsive"

Not near as bad as before, when you roll it on in top gear at a slow speed you get to that last 1/8th throttle and it lays over(fat).

It feels bad enough that I don't feel that dropping the needle one groove will have enough impact, I am steering toward going with a 172.5 main and leaving the needle where it is.

Thoughts?
I have almost the same set up on my EC300/19. Just that I use a 178 main jet with JD's red needle. As I have bought an NECW needle because I was told it feels as crisp down low as the JD I would like to know what you think about that needle from mid to top?
I never tried it as I was happy with the JD needle but I would like a more linear power curve with less hit...