Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:25 PM

Default gas tank and exhaust mounts

CHECK THOSE EXHAUST MOUNTS!!!

while doing an end of the year tear down, I noticed my hyde combo skid plate had been wearing against the water pump cover. When I pulled the gas tank out I noticed something had been wearing against the tank. Further investigation revealed that my upper exhuast pipe mount had broken its weld in the frame and was basically free floating. This allowed the pipe mount bolt to rub against the gas tank. the wear wasn't bad but .. if left unchecked .. I gotta wonder how long it would take to wear a hole in the tank!! glad I found it. I decided to check the lower mount and found that it is also free floating, but appears to be designed that way. although it was cruddy enough that maybe it too broke. Anyone know if the bottom mount is suppose to be free floating. the parts fiche would have it appear that it is not. however my parts don't look exactly like whats on the parts fiche. 06 300 btw

Old 11-24-2008, 07:45 PM

The top one is useless toss it in the trash. The bottom one should have a bolt out iether side held captive by the rubber. I go through at least one a year.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:18 PM

the mount itself appears fine. It was the threaded insert that is welded to the frame that came loose. It just looks like the factory could have used a bit more welding rod. It was just tacked in place. The tack weld is what broke. I'll replace the bottom one. the parts are all there but its looking pretty beat.