Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 06-11-2014, 12:16 AM

Default Help!!!

I have a 2012 300 ec race and need some help with setting on the suspension the front bottoms out when push hard into a rut and the rear feels like I have a flat constantly need help where to start at besides that I am totally in love with this bike have owned ktm's Hondas Kawis and Yamahas and I have never been this this fast on a bike with such little effort before I think once I get the suspension dialed in I will never buy another bike besides a gasser!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (128.7 KB, 46 views)

Old 06-11-2014, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator

If the forks haven't been serviced some fresh oil will do wonders. If they are still the stock valving there is room for improvement. Same goes for the shock. Nothing different to any other brand really.

Glad to hear you're digging the bike and welcome to the forum!
Old 06-11-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300ecraceman View Post
I have a 2012 300 ec race and need some help with setting on the suspension the front bottoms out when push hard into a rut and the rear feels like I have a flat constantly need help where to start at besides that I am totally in love with this bike have owned ktm's Hondas Kawis and Yamahas and I have never been this this fast on a bike with such little effort before I think once I get the suspension dialed in I will never buy another bike besides a gasser!!
Give me a call at the shop.....I'm in NW Ar
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 06-11-2014, 11:30 AM

Always start with the basics. How much do you weigh, and have you changed the springs? What are your sag measurements front and rear? When was the last time the suspension was serviced? Oil height/ volume in forks?

If your springs are not correct, do not even bother making other changes until you get springs that are correct for your weight, you cannot make up for too light of a spring by just adding more compression dampening. If they are correct, have you made any changes to the adjusters? I've had that "flat tire" feeling in the rear from having too much rebound dampening.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
Always start with the basics. How much do you weigh, and have you changed the springs? What are your sag measurements front and rear? When was the last time the suspension was serviced? Oil height/ volume in forks?

If your springs are not correct, do not even bother making other changes until you get springs that are correct for your weight, you cannot make up for too light of a spring by just adding more compression dampening. If they are correct, have you made any changes to the adjusters? I've had that "flat tire" feeling in the rear from having too much rebound dampening.
All hit the nail on the head.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:13 PM

Is that pic taken at Brock Creek?

Nice bike and welcome if you want to ride sometime hit me up.

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280
Old 06-13-2014, 03:18 AM

cbutler Is that pic taken at Brock Creek?

Nice bike and welcome if you want to ride sometime hit me up.

It was taken near the sugar creek trail near Booneville ar

Fred I'll back home in a couple of weeks and will bring her to see you it only has about 25 hours on it haven't messed with any of the stock setting static sag is at 35mm for the rear haven't check the front I'm just a one man team hear I am 185lbs so not sure what I would need for springs hopefully Fred can fix me up
Old 06-13-2014, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

At 185lbs you'll be looking to go up a rate or two front and rear. Probably something along the lines of .46 and 5.6.

The 35mm static on the shock is good, but you might find that you'll be running a bit more race sag than ideal. The newer chasis prefers around 95-105mm race sag. At 175lbs on the stock spring I've got around 25/98 static/race with more preload than I would like. I'll be moving to a 5.4 rate spring next service. Forks I'm using .44kg/mm and get around 30-35mm static, and 55-60mm race sag. I have revalved these as well.

First things first, get some springs, fresh fluid, and a good bleed and evaluate from there.