Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Injury & Recovery

Injury & Recovery Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Old 06-10-2013, 10:19 PM

I know what you mean, that sucks, real sorry about that. One of the worst times was putting my first pit down when she had cancer.

Hey, hope you heal up fast!

Old 06-11-2013, 02:15 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

If there is one thing i have learnt about dirt bikes is that they are evil animals waiting to take advantage of you. Most of my buddies worst and most gruesome accidents have happened when they were in shorts and t-shirt and just wanted to warm up the engine to drain oil so took the bike for a spin round the block - the bike noticed that there was no protective gear on found a little bit more traction and horsepower and the result was some serious road tax.

Hope you heal up quick, and get the knee drained, it is normally a minor procedure - a needle and syringe op done by your GP
Old 06-11-2013, 07:36 AM

Real sorry about your pup. That is the worst feeling. I agree get the knee drained It will heal quicker with a bit less fluid. If you don't you will create a bakers cyst behind your knee possibly causing you more grief.

Wheelieman
Old 06-11-2013, 08:02 AM

Ah man I am very sorry to read about your dog! That makes me sad. 3 years ago we had to have our dogs put to sleep within 6 months of each other. They were 13 & 12 respectively and we had them since they were pups. I really feel for you man.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:44 AM

Thanks guys for the kind words. Sha- Blackie 2 was a rescue from a shelter. Sha-Blackie 1 was hit by the UPS driver. She ran right out in front of him, right in front of me. The next day I went and got Sha -Blackie 2 so that Sha-Princess would not be lonely. We'll miss her. The "2 stupids" were dumped in front of our house. Same thing for Goldie, Coffee Creame, Baby, Axl, and Black Ivy aka "Lotion" (the best dog on any planet in any universe or known dimension) . We'd like to be done with dogs but the assholes in the country seem to think it's ok to just dump them. It's a wonder we don't have 100.

Swazi....I know what you mean! I was at these guys house watching them ride around on their Honda minibikes. They ride them on the back wheel and standing on the seat! These guys are NUTS! Well, the Ting Ting was watching and saw each one have a small fail. I am sure that is where she got the idea pitching me would be fun. I'm glad she did, this time!

Guys, mentioning "doctors" and "needles" in the same sentence just does not work for me. I did mention when bit by the snake I really did call a friends Dad to see if he thought I should go to hospital. I was not at first!

No need to worry about getting a Bakers Cyst.......already have one each leg!
My Doc friend said "if it gets too bad you'll have to have it drained and it could be painful" My response? They will never get that bad!

I'm a sissy. Doctors scare the bat shit out me.....ya'll know they call it "practicing medicine", right? Just that alone freaks me out. They admit right up front they may not know what the Hell they are doing!

Thanks again guys, for the thoughts and kind words. It really does suck being laid up like this! I am getting better each day, however! Since I work for myself and am waiting on some parts I at least can take it easy for a little while. The only downside is that it's boring and that leads me to write really long posts on the forums I enjoy
Ed
ps....Doc's reading this......seriously, I do have respect and admiration for what you do. You just scare me really bad.

'05 450 FSE
'04 EC300
Street legal and tagged
Search for the wife's new bike has ended, lowered the 450 and 300....she's got a choice now! We're good!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:02 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

we help a dog rescue org and foster for them.. right now i have 3 of my own, plus a momma dog we found that was prego and sick.. she had 8 pups about 2 weeks later, then they all got sick.. so we have 12 dogs at my house right now.. we live in the country so dumped dogs are always around...

hardest one for me.... we had a basenji ( barkless dogs ) that we had had for 12 years and she was a rescue dog.. i had a foster rat terrier that literallly lived behind my toilet for a year.. she was doing great.. she and the basenji slept in the same bed..

came home one night and the terrier had killed the basenji.. no idea why, but she was bleeding out in my sunroom.. it was horrible.. i had to put her down, which i almost did not get done.. took me 3 tries to get a shot off.. first , unloaded.. second safety was on... crap... took the terrier down that night and had her put down.. no idea why that happened..

hope the knee heals good..
Old 06-11-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendr3702 View Post
we had a basenji
Besinjis are unique dogs. They aren't like most any dog. No real natural fear of anything. Very difficult to train & discipline, using standard methods. My mother-in-law had one. At family gatherings her Besinji(Andy) used to sit next to me, and growl at my brother-in-law
Old 06-11-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter007 View Post
Besinjis are unique dogs. They aren't like most any dog. No real natural fear of anything. Very difficult to train & discipline, using standard methods. My mother-in-law had one. At family gatherings her Besinji(Andy) used to sit next to me, and growl at my brother-in-law
she was the coolest dog.. but as you said, not like a regular dog at all.. best description i ever heard, they are like a pet dear.. i had a bud that had one trained to ring a bell by the door when it wanted out... mine.. no
she was completly house trained when we got her.. but she was not ever affectionate.. she would paw you when and if she wanted you to pet her..

at the end, she could not hear or see very well, but that never slowed her down.. she was under 20lbs her entire life.. we a greyhound foster for a while and she would not back down from her at all..

sorry to hijack..
Old 06-11-2013, 11:43 AM

All my dogs were/are rescues. I had a pointer that fell victim to that dog food with the Chineese wheat gluten tainted with eyhylene glycol, hence my love for the Chineese. I had a great lab/golden mix for 13 yrs., saved from the west side hwy in NYC, he was super obedient, listened better than my kids. My first pitbull I literally rescued from some ahole's yard from being tied out on a 6 foot chain while he went on vacation. Bolt cutters made quick work of that and I had a best friend for a few years until cancer got the best of her. That dog was the ultimate family guardian and always on the watch for my kids and other kids. Now I have a five yr old female I got as a rescue pup at 12 wks old, and a 3 yr old male I got XMas '11 that was my sister-in-law's first foster dog.

You guys are good people for doing this stuff.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:40 PM

gmp.. it can be the most rewarding and the most frustrating thing.. we have placed alot of dogs in great forever homes.. then those that call and want you to take them back after awhile when they have done nothing but stuck them in the yard alone..
my husky/wolf mix was that way.. we placed him and he stayed about 3 months.. he ate their swing set... literally bored.. no input at all.. i went by one night to pick him up and he saw my truck and jumped in it.. we just kept him.. he is so cool..
my dachsund... who is the most likely to bite you at my house.. was brought in by a lady with his 2 siblings to get first puppy shots and for us to help them adopt them.. when we took them back to do that, they left.. all had parvo( which we now have at our house....) he spent 21 days at the vet.. vet called and said come get him.. nothing we can do for him... so we did and he is doing great.. my pure blue heeler.. i asked for her.. got her at 4 weeks old.. would fit in your hand... great girl..

i am working with our shelter to make a fairly painful way to detect how stupid someone is before we adopt to them...