Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Ha, a bird in the background?Is it Mary Fairchild Brown waving her bob at you?

Old 04-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasmonkey View Post
Ha, a bird in the background?Is it Mary Fairchild Brown waving her bob at you?
Haven't you heard? She maybe did..
Old 04-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

Default The test ride..

First I'm out and riding and the bike sounds like its going to blow up! The worst imaginable sound on decel from revs you have ever heard. Clutch in or out. I won't say what I thought initially. Traced it to the bash plate vibing. Took the whole lot off and set off to the start of some nice tight single.. Here's how it went..

http://youtu.be/R8U-Hz9HyEY

..More to come! Haha! LOVE IT! The bike feels really very much like my 300 did. Smooth and silky off the bottom but not as strong as the 300 obviously. The mid is much much much better. No more horrible vibration that makes you feel like your teeth are going to chatter out. The explosive hit is the same as well with very similar power when hammering WOT. The bike feels nice and nimble but the geometry of the raised bars, the effect of the damper, and having not set up the TTX forks yet had the front end push a couple times in turns. I also have a small shudder when braking but only at very very slow speeds. Hard braking from speed is fine. I think it might be the bushes. The Sachs forks have always had some play in the lower legs from day one. No oil leaking from them, and yet to bottom them on stock clicker settings. I should probably check the sag on the rear end before I get too carried away too.. Its all smiles over this side!

Doing it right.. http://youtu.be/M_7otgJBzB8

Last edited by Jakobi; 05-01-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:24 AM

Your all fogged up! I use a duster can to displace air from the GoPro housing before closing it up, works great. Glad you like the 250, you may find you get less tired in a long race.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

I'm always fogged. I think there are some scratches to the outside of the housing which doesn't help. I usually seal the housing with some of those absorbant pads inside and only quickly open it to drop the unit in when I'm about to use it. Yesterday I hadn't done this though, and it was drizzly so high humidity.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:58 AM
Super Moderator

Another one.. Different camera, different mount, travelling in a different direction. Sorry for all the noise. Need to get this Drift set up with some foam over the mic. Happy little 250!! I need to buy that Dave bloke a beer!

http://youtu.be/Fj_ZE0nxsLw
Old 05-06-2012, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

Default A little humour

I was in the shed admiring the girl again.. as we all do when I noticed what appeared to be a small pool of coolant around one of the head bolts. Strange I thought as I had continually monitored for coolant leaks while breaking the engine in and had most definately not lost any coolant. Maybe the head was hot enough to evaporate it off while running under pressure? Maybe the warm up and cool down expansion process has slacked them off (I had to do the second retorque of the head bolts yet). Wiped the little puddle off and called it done for a day to follow up later on.

Follow up came and I look from the other side. WTF! A small puddle surrounding another bolt on the other side of the head that wasn't there before. The bike hasn't been started nor has the coolant system been pressurised. I had intended to remove the tank to retorque the head bolts again. It really blows that you need to drain the coolant and remove the water line housing to nip the front 2 bolts up! But back on topic. I remove the tank and what do I see sitting at the front of the head but a little brown frog! FROG PISS on my head! No leaks at all, and definately not again after giving all the bolts a small nip up.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:31 AM

new model frogas
Old 05-06-2012, 02:47 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Kiss that frog, you might get a 2013.

Current. 2015 ec300r estart, 98 RM 125

2013 Ec300r 2011 Ec300e 2009 Husky TE310
1982 XR500 Honda 1981 KE100 Kawasaki
1978 GT80 Yamaha
Old 05-06-2012, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

It was a good looking frog, but no kisses today! Moved him back over away from the bike a bit. We'll see if it goes back to the same spot. Spun me out to say the least. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't like sitting there as the temps come up! Ribbit! Prince of 2013!