Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-02-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honuki250 View Post
I have liked Gasgas since 2005. Test rode 2013 not impressed. aT MID OHIO I got to ride the 2017 vs the 2018 ggec300 and WOW the 2018, that is a great bike. I had hoped to buy a used one next year as many move to the 2020.

NOW??? Saying that, I WILL NOT!!! WILL NOT!! But a KTM Period. I don't want to be a sheep and follow I want something different that still will perform.

after going to the Columbus bike show if GG dies it will be Beta. They will let you customize your bike from the factory, bark busters, lowered, suspension etc before you pick it up at the dealership. Long live Gasgas but red is what I will ride

Technically you are mistaken. It is not the factory, it is the American importer. Taking money from your local brick and mortar dealership....but what do I know.

Old 10-02-2019, 06:54 PM

I may have met some of you over the last few years as I worked for Mark, as the Demo tour manager in 2017 and did some mechanic duties for David Knight at the Rev Limiter in "18".We Launched the totally remodeled EC/XC line at AMA vintage days mid year in "17" to universal appreciation for what was accomplished by new Gas Gas management. Mark has been dedicated to Gas Gas for over a decade and he and his old partner, at one time, were solely responsible for keeping the Gas Gas enduro line here in the US. I have read all the responses, all the articles by other mc publications, and agree and disagree with them. The article in Enduro 21 that the EC/XC could be kept as a classic.....I don't think so, the new models clearly are the best suspended, best handling bikes out of the crate. These bikes can be raced and competitive for years without any mods. Euro emission standards may someday dictate injected two strokes in Europe but why could the EC/XC line be a US model only? Again speculation is all over the place so who knows. Mark is still dedicated to the brand and until HE meets with management and has a "new" direction he will try to keep it business as usual for all involved. I met with Mark Monday and he is concerned for the future, and is very concerned for the future of his employees. Until we know more just keep riding and loan out one of your bikes to a buddy so they can realize how really good these bikes are. I have known Mark for years and as information is made available and shareable he will keep everyone informed.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis74 View Post
That?s the way it is or will be...
I ride gasgas since 2005 and I am very happy with them. I am not sure what to do now. I was thinking of buying a GP this fall but honestly right now I am not sure if I should. How about the parts availability when gasgas is orange?!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
KTM Head Office just took over the remaining small percentage of the Australian importer, AHG, they didn?t own. Vertical integration = increased margin at every stage from production to after-sales service.

Not saying this will occur in North America, but if it does, the first thing that will happen is Gas Gas parts will rise in price.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibnut View Post
KTM Head Office just took over the remaining small percentage of the Australian importer, AHG, they didn?t own. Vertical integration = increased margin at every stage from production to after-sales service.

Not saying this will occur in North America, but if it does, the first thing that will happen is Gas Gas parts will rise in price.
Yes indeed.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:47 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Given the choice, i'd rather have a more expensive parts supply than no parts supply at all.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz11 View Post
Given the choice, i'd rather have a more expensive parts supply than no parts supply at all.
My prediction is no parts supply at all within a few years.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman_55792 View Post
My prediction is no parts supply at all within a few years.
Ala Husky/'Berg.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
Ala Husky/'Berg.
Exactly.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 10-12-2019, 01:23 PM

Default Investors and New Ranger Info

I just spoke to a GasGas dealer that said bc of the KTM buyout all production has stopped and no new models will be delivered until or after December.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 10-12-2019, 03:11 PM

Default Who wins most from the deal

Obviously the big part is GG gets to stay alive. The synergies in parts sharing and R&d is a big advantage as well. GG gets access to 4 stroke range without major investment and Ktm gets the same from trials and electric point of view. I?m sure the GG employees with feel more secure now.